MAZ-Weichai Joint Venture Plans to Batch Produce Engines by the end of 2018
www.chinatrucks.com:The Belarusian automobile engineering company MAZ and the Chinese engine manufacturer Weichai Power intend to build the joint venture OOO MAZ-Weichai in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone. The factory will start batch producing engines by the end of 2018, BelTA learned from Dmitry Katerinich, Director General of OAO MAZ, the managing company of the holding company BelavtoMAZ, after the groundbreaking ceremony at the construction site on 13 September. The factory will occupy 2.5ha. It will make diesel engines for trucks, special vehicles, and buses. “We are going to open the factory on 8 November 2018. The first engine will be made the same month. Batch production will begin by the end of 2018,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
The executive also noted that MAZ is one of the few automakers without an engine factory of its own. “We now makes vehicles compliant with Euro-5 and Euro-6 standards. Such vehicles need good aftersales service and diagnostics. We need to spend huge resources on buying diagnostic equipment. Without an engine of our own we are facing huge risks. We will consider making not only engines in Belarus but the entire power train,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
As far as the financial side of the project to set up the joint venture is concerned, the executive noted that for now MAZ's share will be 30% while the Chinese company will contribute 70%. “We've decided to create a large charter capital — $20 million,” he added.
Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus Anatoly Kalinin added that engine production is a strategic project for MAZ. “All the conditions will be enabled for commissioning the engine factory on time — in November 2018,” he assured.
The joint venture will be located in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone and therefore will enjoy all the available preferences. The factory is designed to make at least 20,000 engines per annum. Initially the factory will operate in one shift. It will switch to two shifts once it makes 10,000 engines per annum. The power of the engines will vary from 220hp to 460hp. The engines will be more durable than competitors' and will be able to work for at least 1.2 million km of mileage before repair. The trucks the engines will power will be granted free maintenance after 40,000km while other brands offer maintenance after 30,000km.
The joint venture will be able to fully satisfy MAZ's demand for diesel engines. There are plans to export about 30% of the output.
China will be the sole provider of components initially. The manufacturing of components will be localized step-by-step later on. Belarus will initially make external components, mounted equipment and non-essential parts. Later on localization will move on to basic components, which will be machined by Belarusian companies.
Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ trademark) was established in 1944. The company uses a complete manufacturing cycle to make trucks, passenger vehicles, trailers, and special vehicles. The company has designed and assembles over 500 models and 3,000 modifications of vehicles, over 55 models of trailers and semitrailers.
Wechai Power's first factory was established in the Chinese city of Weifang in 1946. At present the company employs over 12,000 personnel, including 2,500 engineers. The company can make 900,000 engines per annum. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of engines for trucks.
- 2020 Weichai Global Procurement Conference for Engine Business Held in Weifang 2019-12-20
- Weichai Won Top Ten Model Brands of 2019 in China 2019-12-19
- Weichai International Auto Part Industrial Park Construction Speeds up Again 2019-12-19
- Weichai Power Announces Strategic Investment in Aradex AG 2019-12-18
- Weichai-Ballard JV Expected to Start Fuel-Cell Production in 2020 2019-12-18
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually 2019-12-05
- Weichai Brings Six Overseas Brands to Display at CIIE 2019 2019-11-15
- Tan Xuguang Wins the 7th Shandong Provincial Governor Quality Award 2019-10-31
- Weichai Donates Engine-Powertrain Training Center to Maz Group Vocational School 2019-10-25
- Weichai Attends Multi-national Qingdao Summit 2019-10-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September