MAZ-Weichai Joint Venture Plans to Batch Produce Engines by the end of 2018
www.chinatrucks.com:The Belarusian automobile engineering company MAZ and the Chinese engine manufacturer Weichai Power intend to build the joint venture OOO MAZ-Weichai in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone. The factory will start batch producing engines by the end of 2018, BelTA learned from Dmitry Katerinich, Director General of OAO MAZ, the managing company of the holding company BelavtoMAZ, after the groundbreaking ceremony at the construction site on 13 September. The factory will occupy 2.5ha. It will make diesel engines for trucks, special vehicles, and buses. “We are going to open the factory on 8 November 2018. The first engine will be made the same month. Batch production will begin by the end of 2018,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
The executive also noted that MAZ is one of the few automakers without an engine factory of its own. “We now makes vehicles compliant with Euro-5 and Euro-6 standards. Such vehicles need good aftersales service and diagnostics. We need to spend huge resources on buying diagnostic equipment. Without an engine of our own we are facing huge risks. We will consider making not only engines in Belarus but the entire power train,” said Dmitry Katerinich.
As far as the financial side of the project to set up the joint venture is concerned, the executive noted that for now MAZ's share will be 30% while the Chinese company will contribute 70%. “We've decided to create a large charter capital — $20 million,” he added.
Deputy Prime Minister of Belarus Anatoly Kalinin added that engine production is a strategic project for MAZ. “All the conditions will be enabled for commissioning the engine factory on time — in November 2018,” he assured.
The joint venture will be located in the China-Belarus industrial park Great Stone and therefore will enjoy all the available preferences. The factory is designed to make at least 20,000 engines per annum. Initially the factory will operate in one shift. It will switch to two shifts once it makes 10,000 engines per annum. The power of the engines will vary from 220hp to 460hp. The engines will be more durable than competitors' and will be able to work for at least 1.2 million km of mileage before repair. The trucks the engines will power will be granted free maintenance after 40,000km while other brands offer maintenance after 30,000km.
The joint venture will be able to fully satisfy MAZ's demand for diesel engines. There are plans to export about 30% of the output.
China will be the sole provider of components initially. The manufacturing of components will be localized step-by-step later on. Belarus will initially make external components, mounted equipment and non-essential parts. Later on localization will move on to basic components, which will be machined by Belarusian companies.
Minsk Automobile Plant (MAZ trademark) was established in 1944. The company uses a complete manufacturing cycle to make trucks, passenger vehicles, trailers, and special vehicles. The company has designed and assembles over 500 models and 3,000 modifications of vehicles, over 55 models of trailers and semitrailers.
Wechai Power's first factory was established in the Chinese city of Weifang in 1946. At present the company employs over 12,000 personnel, including 2,500 engineers. The company can make 900,000 engines per annum. The company is one of the world's largest manufacturers of engines for trucks.
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai 2020-08-11
- Tan Xuguang Learns the Development and Application of Hydrogen Fuel Cell 2020-06-22
- Weichai Takes a Step Further Towards Developing Hydrogen Power in CV 2020-06-03
- Weichai’s New Mining Truck Goes Off the Assmbly Lines in Yangzhou 2020-05-25
- Weichai Opens Hydrogen Fuel Cell Plant in China 2020-04-02
- Weichai WP10.5H Engine Sales Jump 237% in First Two Months of 2020 2020-03-17
- Weichai WP7NG Engine Successfully Passed India National VI Emission Standard 2020-03-04
- 1000 Weichai-powered Mining Trucks Delivered to Customers 2020-02-19
- Weichai Overseas Set a Benchmark for International Capacity Cooperation 2020-02-13
- Tan Xuguang: Weichai Resumes Production Under Governments’ Guidance 2020-02-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1