Cummins’ Technological Leadership on Full Display at NACV
www.chinatrucks.com: This week, power and technology leader Cummins Inc., (NYSE: CMI) has its technological leadership on full display for customers and attendees at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV) in Atlanta, GA, showing its latest products and connectivity solutions.
“We want our customers and all users of our products to clearly understand that Cummins brings diversified, dependable technology solutions to our customers at the right time to power their success – always,” said Srikanth Padmanabhan, Engine Business President, Cummins Inc. “Cummins is prepared to help them be successful now and in the future by offering them powertrain choices that maximize efficiency and reduce costs.”
At NACV, the company is displaying a glimpse into their diverse product road map with its super-efficient diesel engines (the X12 and X15) that are paired with the Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies Endurant transmission. The Endurant is more than 100 pounds lighter than other competing transmissions and 200 pounds lighter than the current Fuller Advantage Series transmission.
Cummins is also showing its latest offering for alternative fuels with the ultra-low emission natural gas engine technology from Cummins Westport, and has AEOS, the world’s first fully electric heavy-duty truck at the show. The company introduced this demonstration truck last month. And through its highly interactive booth display, Cummins is highlighting some of its unique automated and connectivity solutions to help customers maximize uptime and efficiency.
“Through our connectivity and service solutions, we are committed to keeping our customers in business and maximizing efficiency,” Padmanabhan added. “We can support their unique needs and ensure we can anticipate, assess and act no matter when, where, or how they need us with our people and our products like Guidanz, Connected Diagnostics, Connected Software Updates and Fleetguard FIT.”
These products and technologies add to Cummins’ unmatched portfolio of solutions and offer customers the latest in environmentally-friendly, cost-effective and powerful products to help them succeed in every market and every application.
Cummins believes that power of choice for customers is critical to its future success. These are some of the technologies the company is offering or developing:
Cummins continues to be the leader in clean-diesel technology and understands that for many markets diesel engines will be best solution for decades to come. Powering 33 percent of the Heavy Duty truck market and nearly 80 percent of the Medium Duty truck market, Cummins continues to innovate in its core businesses. The latest products are highly efficient and sustainable heavy-duty diesel engines, showcasing the company’s innovation in traditional diesel power, the most commonly used power on the road today. The powerful X15 and lightweight X12 engines are engineered for optimal performance and power while offering class-leading fuel economy through the use of advanced air handling and fuel system controls. Both engines utilize the compact Single Module Aftertreatment, which offers longer maintenance intervals for the lowest cost of ownership. Cummins has unveiled details around the next heavy-duty 15 liter engine for 2022, which affirms the company’s commitment to providing the most effective power solution for Class 8 line haul trucks.
With the recent formation of the Eaton Cummins Automated Transmission Technologies, customers can count on Cummins to provide market-leading innovation for integrated powertrain technologies. With up to 1850 pound-foot capability, the Endurant transmission is more than 100 pounds lighter than other competing automated manual transmissions and 200 pounds lighter than the current Fuller Advantage Series transmission. Cummins has also unveiled details around the next heavy-duty 15 liter engine for 2022, which will be smaller, lighter and more efficient than today’s engines with a design protected to integrate on-engine aftertreatment, waste heat recovery, and mild electrification.
Energy Diverse Power Solutions
Cummins has invested in research and development projects to develop products and technology solutions for the energy diverse landscape necessary for the future. From high-efficiency spark-ignited technology that can deliver diesel-like performance and durability across a range of liquid fuels and natural gas, to battery electric and hybrid power.
Cummins Westport has long been a leader in providing natural gas engines as a sustainable, affordable and readily-available power option. The company recently revealed its latest Near-Zero natural gas engines which have little to no emissions for customers looking to minimize emissions. Engines like the L9N and ISX12N offer a 90 percent reduction in NOx emissions below today’s standards, and they are an ultra-cost-effective solution to power vehicles in non-attainment zones.
Recently, Cummins has also demonstrated its ability to reduce CO2 emissions up to 80 percent in a 2.8 liter demonstrator engine capable of also running on other liquid fuels like methanol and gasoline. Cummins continues to investigate the viability of other alternatives like bio-fuels, synthetic fuels, hydrogen, and fuel cells.
Electrified Powertrain Solutions
With the unveiling of the AEOS, the Concept Urban Hauler Electric Vehicle, Cummins introduced a state-of-the art battery pack offering redefined energy-efficiency and densities for the electric vehicle market. The lighter, denser battery design allows it to hold a longer charge for improved range and faster charging, maximizing drive time. With a single battery pack, the truck has a range of 100 miles, but it has the option to add two additional packs for a range up to 300 miles. The concept truck design also includes a Range-Extended option utilizing the Cummins B4.5 or B6.7 engines, for a range up to 600 miles, providing a major advantage over today’s hybrid systems. These engine options offer 50 percent fuel savings compared to today’s diesel hybrids with zero emissions.
Digital Capabilities, Data & Analytics
Customers are looking for convenient and responsive interactions, real-time updates, and information that make products safer, more productive and easier to use. Cummins has offered telematics systems in some markets for many years, but the potential for digital goes far beyond telematics systems and at a faster pace. Recognizing this, in May 2017, Cummins formed a new internal organization led by Sherry Aaholm, Cummins Chief Information Officer, called the Digital Accelerator. This new organization seeks to streamline innovation, quickly bringing the best concepts from the idea stage to commercialization.
- Cummins and Navistar Announce New Long-term Agreement 2020-08-17
- Cummins Releases 2019 Sustainability Progress Report 2020-07-22
- Cummins Delivers Fuel Cells for Refuse Trucks in Europe 2020-07-17
- Cummins to Form Joint Venture with NPROXX for Hydrogen Storage 2020-06-30
- Cummins Names Amy Davis Vice President and President – New Power Segment 2020-06-17
- Dongfeng Cummins New Production Base: A New Model for Intelligent Manufacturing 2020-05-19
- Dongfeng Cummins Sold a Record High of 26,000 Units Engines in April，2020 2020-05-06
- 30 ISZ-powered Dongfeng KL Tractors Were Delivered to Customer 2020-05-06
- Dongfeng Cummins Produced 18,000 Units Engines from April 1 to 16 2020-04-22
- Cummins China Donated Three Million RMB to Epidemic-stricken Areas 2020-02-05
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1