Wabco launches OnLaneAssist Advanced Driver Assistance System at NACV
www.chinatrucks.com: Wabco, a global supplier of technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, on Wednesday introduced OnLaneAssist, a safety technology for heavy-and medium-duty trucks and buses, according to a company statement.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist is the first application of active steering technology in Wabco’s portfolio of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS).
The launch follows Wabco’s recent acquisition of RH Sheppard Co, a supplier of steering technologies for commercial vehicles, and signing of a cooperation agreement with Nexteer Automotive, which is involved in intuitive motion control.
Wabco made the announcement at the inaugural North American Commercial Vehicle Show (NACV) at the Georgia World Congress Center in Atlanta, Georgia. The company is displaying its most advanced technologies, which mobilise vehicle intelligence to support the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
Wabco’s OnLaneAssist helps improve commercial vehicle safety and driver comfort by avoiding collisions related to unintentional lane departures.
It leverages active steering technology and a forward-looking camera to provide active lane correction functionality.OnLaneAssist contributes to vehicle safety by detecting lane markings and continuously evaluating the vehicle’s position relative to them.
It also distinguishes between planned lane changes and lane drifting. In case of lane drifting, the system autonomously intervenes before the vehicle unintendedly leaves its lane by applying a correction torque to the steering wheel to return the vehicle towards the lane center.
OnLaneAssist also smoothly releases the torque as soon as the proper driving path is re-established.
OnLaneAssist is Wabco’s first Advanced Driver Assistance System based on Sheppard’s US market-leading steering technology integrated with Nexteer’s steering automation technology.
Wabco’s acquisition of Sheppard provides key capabilities for lateral vehicle control through active steering, complementing Wabco’s technologies in longitudinal control through active braking, stability and suspension controls.
Full dynamic control of commercial vehicles – lateral and longitudinal – is necessary to progressively achieve the industry’s vision of autonomous driving.
“OnLaneAssist represents another important milestone on the commercial vehicle industry’s roadmap towards autonomous driving,” said Jorge Solis, President, Truck, Bus and Car Original Equipment Manufacturers Division, Wabco.
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products 2018-09-25
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1