Allison Introduces Next GEN of Technology for Fully Automatic Transmission
www.chinatrucks.com: Allison Transmission today announced its first nine-speed model at the North American Commercial Vehicle Show in Atlanta. The innovative, fully automatic transmission, for medium- and heavy-duty vehicles, will be available globally and is targeted for release in 2020.
“With this new transmission, Allison continues to demonstrate its commitment to help achieve standards regarding fuel efficiency and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions,” said Randy Kirk, senior vice president of product engineering and product teams with Allison Transmission. “This release coincides with the timing of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Phase 2 GHG and Fuel Efficiency Standards.”
With its deep first gear ratio and industry-leading ratio coverage, the Allison nine-speed transmission provides significant fuel savings as the highly-efficient gear train allows the torque converter to lock up early in first gear. Additionally, the nine-speed includes an integral engine stop-start system that provides immediate transmission engagement and vehicle hold while the engine is restarted. Providing value for a variety of applications, the nine-speed model is ideal for distribution trucks, rental and lease trucks, and school buses.
“When combined with FuelSense®, our software and electronic controls packages, and our other fuel-saving technologies, the nine-speed will set a new benchmark in fuel efficiency and reduced emissions, achieving Greenhouse Gas Emissions Model (GEM) benefits,” said Kirk. “Many OEMs in North America, Europe and Asia have expressed interest and excitement, with prototype evaluations beginning for them yet this year.”
The Allison nine-speed model leverages the proven durability of the Allison 2000 Series™ six-speed commercial transmissions, which have accumulated more than 100 billion miles globally. It’s been designed to utilize the same OEM interfaces as its six-speed predecessor, providing ease of integration into vehicles currently released with the Allison 2000 Series.
Drivers will experience even better comfort due to smaller steps, allowing for a smoother start. They’ll also enjoy improved acceleration, which can lead to more productivity.
Allison transmissions use Continuous Power Technology™ to smoothly multiply engine torque and deliver more power to the wheels. Drivers with Allison transmissions experience better productivity, fuel economy, driver comfort, safety and operational flexibility than those with manual and automated manual transmissions (AMTs). Allison transmissions are globally recognized for their quality and reliability, and a greater overall economic value. This is demonstrated by the residual value that accompanies an Allison-equipped vehicle, as compared to a vehicle equipped with a manual, AMT or dual-clutch transmission (DCT).
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1