Jiefang Smart-driving Trucks Successfully Passed Trial Operation
On October 6, three Jiefang smart-driving trucks successfully passed a trial operation.
In April this year, Jiefang successfully put its self-driving trucks on the road, demonstrating its latest achievements in smart-driving vehicle development and attracting wide media attention.
Compared with the trial operation in April, the one held in October has made several breakthroughs. First, the vehicles are equipped with more advanced L2+ driver assistance systems. Second, the testing ground moved from a closed one inside FAW to an expressway, bringing more challenges for the vehicles. Third, each vehicle has a container at its back, making their operation closer to real-time operation.
During the trial operation, attention was mainly focused on ACC, AEB and LKAS. Jiefang smart-driving trucks automatically drove at the constant speed set in advance. When driving at some bumpy roads, the vehicles lowered their speed accordingly without any assistance from the driver. Also during the trial operation, Jiefang smart-driving trucks’ control systems can not only send alarms, but also accomplish automatic braking. In addition, the vehicles’ camera can help vehicles detect lanes, freeing drivers from the driver’s seats and giving them the freedom to perform some other activities.
Recently, FAW Jiefang officially launched a new smart-driving truck development plan. According to it, the company will roll out L3 smart-driving trucks in 2018, which are able to sense surrounding environment, perform LPS and track planning. By 2020, the company will have L4 smart-driving trucks available based on 5G driving networks, making their vehicles more intelligent. By 2025, Jiefang L5 automatic driving trucks are set to hit China’s commercial vehicle market. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July 2020-08-13
- Jiefang Rewards Heroic Driver for Driving a Burning Truck Away with a J7 Truck 2020-08-05
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year 2020-07-27
- FAW Jiefang and CIMC Lingyu Collaborate on Special Purpose Vehicles 2020-07-23
- FAW Jiefang Marks its 70th Anniversary of Vehicle Research and Development 2020-07-16
- FAW Jiefang’s Sales Volume Grew by 27% from Jan. to May 2020-06-16
- China Sold 175,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in May 2020-06-08
- FAW Jiefang Delivers Its All Electric Heavy-duty Trucks in Beijing 2020-06-04
- Jiefang Sold Over 60,000 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in April 2020-05-19
- Handover Ceremony for 100 Jiefang&XCMG Cranes Was Held 2020-05-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1