Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
U.S. chipmaker Nvidia, German supplier ZF and logistics giant Deutsche Post DHL have partnered to deploy a test fleet of autonomous electric delivery trucks starting in 2018.
The trucks will be outfitted with ZF's ProAI self-driving system, which is based on Nvidia's Drive PX technology, the IT firm said at the GPU Technology Conference here on Tuesday.
The company said that size of the fleet and the first cities that will test the self-driving trucks will be announced later.
The Deutsche Post StreetScooter electric vehicles chosen for the pilot will be equipped with ZF’s cameras, lidar and radar, which will all feed into the supplier's ProAI system. That system can enable the vehicle to use artificial intelligence (AI) to understand its environment, plan a safe path forward, proceed along a selected route and park itself. The aim is to ensure deliveries can be made with greater accuracy and safety, and at lower cost, Nvidia said in a release.
“The development of autonomous delivery vehicles demonstrates how AI and deep learning are also reshaping the commercial transportation industry,” NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang said in the release. “As online shopping continues to explode, and the shortage of truck drivers becomes more dire, AI-enabled vehicles will be key to providing last-mile delivery services.”
Taking packages from a central point to their final destinations is considered the most complex and costliest aspect of courier and e-commerce deliveries. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- ZF CEO: China Is the Most Promising Market 2020-08-10
- ZF Completes WABCO Acquisition 2020-06-01
- ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components 2019-11-21
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- ZF and Foton Open Joint Transmission Plant in China, Advancing Automation for CV 2019-04-19
- Emission-Free in China: ZF Presents New Electric Central Drive for CVs 2019-04-17
- AI-capable Supercomputer ZF ProAI: Maximum Computing Power and Flexibility 2019-01-14
- ZF to Invest €800 Million in Its Saarbruecken, Germany Plant 2018-12-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1