Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks
U.S. chipmaker Nvidia, German supplier ZF and logistics giant Deutsche Post DHL have partnered to deploy a test fleet of autonomous electric delivery trucks starting in 2018.
The trucks will be outfitted with ZF's ProAI self-driving system, which is based on Nvidia's Drive PX technology, the IT firm said at the GPU Technology Conference here on Tuesday.
The company said that size of the fleet and the first cities that will test the self-driving trucks will be announced later.
The Deutsche Post StreetScooter electric vehicles chosen for the pilot will be equipped with ZF’s cameras, lidar and radar, which will all feed into the supplier's ProAI system. That system can enable the vehicle to use artificial intelligence (AI) to understand its environment, plan a safe path forward, proceed along a selected route and park itself. The aim is to ensure deliveries can be made with greater accuracy and safety, and at lower cost, Nvidia said in a release.
“The development of autonomous delivery vehicles demonstrates how AI and deep learning are also reshaping the commercial transportation industry,” NVIDIA founder and CEO Jensen Huang said in the release. “As online shopping continues to explode, and the shortage of truck drivers becomes more dire, AI-enabled vehicles will be key to providing last-mile delivery services.”
Taking packages from a central point to their final destinations is considered the most complex and costliest aspect of courier and e-commerce deliveries. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components 2019-11-21
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- ZF and Foton Open Joint Transmission Plant in China, Advancing Automation for CV 2019-04-19
- Emission-Free in China: ZF Presents New Electric Central Drive for CVs 2019-04-17
- AI-capable Supercomputer ZF ProAI: Maximum Computing Power and Flexibility 2019-01-14
- ZF to Invest €800 Million in Its Saarbruecken, Germany Plant 2018-12-13
- IAA 2018: ZF Makes Logistics Cleaner and More Autonomous 2018-09-20
- ZF: China Commercial Vehicle Has Huge Market Potential 2018-08-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September