SAIC Maxus EV80 Electric Van Launches In Europe
After several recent major announcements, we can only conclude we apparently missed the memo that it is EV/commercial van month right now, as China’s largest vehicle manufacturer SAIC, has introduced its own all-electric Maxus EV80 van for Europe.
According to the company, it is rated at 200 km/124 miles (we assume NEDC, so something like 150km/94 miles in the real world/EPA), however we don’t yet know the battery capacity. Nonetheless, SAIC says a full charge takes about 2 hours.
The payload capacity is 950 kg (2,100 lbs). Cargo volume is up to 10.2 m3.
For now the Maxus EV80 is apparently available to over 200 major fleet operators in Europe (France, Germany, Austria and Benelux).
Without pricing, are not sure whether the Maxus EV80 is more competitive than the Nissan e-NV200 (which recently got upgraded to a 40 kWh battery – good for a NEDC rating of 280 km/174 miles), but SAIC is at least trying to use its deep “New Energy Vehicle” experience gained from Chinese operations.
Separately, SAIC will relaunch the MG passenger in Europe in 2019 as the E-motion electric car.
“SAIC has owned the British brand MG since 2005 and sells cars in China, as well as in other Asian markets, Australia, Latin America and the UK.” (www.chinatrucks.com)
- SAIC Hongyan Puts 10 Vehicles On Display at Its Annual Business Conference 2020-01-08
- SAIC Hongyan Aims to Increase its Annual Sales Volume to 72,000 Units in 2020 2020-01-08
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan 2020-01-07
- SAIC Fiat Hongyan Delivered Impressive Performances in 2019 2020-01-06
- SAIC Hongyan Releases New Heavy-duty Trucks in Tanzania 2019-12-25
- SAIC Hongyan Continues to Expand Its Global Presence 2019-12-13
- SAIC Brings Five Fuel Cell Vehicles on Display in Qingdao 2019-11-20
- SAIC Hongyan Won Safety Heavy-duty Truck Award 2019-11-18
- SAIC Hongyan Officially Launches Genlyon C6 LNG Heavy-duty Truck 2019-11-15
- SAIC Yuejin Reveals Six New Vehicles at 2019 CCVS 2019-11-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September