Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market
In response to the Mexican trucking industry’s interest in bringing cabover-engine tractor options to its market, Daimler Trucks North American on Tuesday introduced two new Freightliner cabover models designed specifically for Mexico.
The two new tractors, a Class 8 unit dubbed the 2528 and a Class 6 unit numbered 1217, join Daimler’s Freightliner 360 portfolio for the Mexican market. Daimler says the addition of the two new models steers it towards its goal to “conquer the Mexican market” by targeting the country’s cabover demand. DTNA unveiled the tractors at the 2017 Expo Transporte ANPACT show taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico, this week.
“In response to the characteristics and needs of the Mexican transport industry, it is now possible for us to bring to this market the new generation of 360 trucks that constitutes an innovative family of products to meet the most specific needs of our customers’ business,” says Flavio Rivera, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks Mexico.
Daimler Truck North America cabover
DTNA says it hopes to capture the emerging cabover market in Mexico with its two new tractor offerings.
Both vehicles offer strong maneuverability, a reinforced steel cabin, spacious interiors, high corrosion resistance, a proprietary powertrain, an ergonomic design and a versatile chassis that allows for many different configurations, the company says. The cabovers are also the first Freightliner vehicles with Euro V SCR engines to be brought to market in Mexico — a country where making inroads with vehicles equipped with modern emissions-reduction technology has been a challenge for truck makers.
The Class 8 360 2528 is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz engine with 280 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G131 manual transmission. An extended cab is available. The 2528 can haul 17 tons and has rear and frontal stabilization bars, an ergonomic dashboard, an engine and exhaust braking system, optional sleeper cab configuration and a fuel efficiency diagnostic system.
The Class 6 360 1217 comes with a Mitsubishi engine with 170 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G85 transmission with 7 gears. It offers eight tons of payload, an adjustable telescopic steering wheel, electric windows and locks, air conditioning, standard fog lamps for better visibility and will be available with three different axle distances.
“We hope to help transform this country’s commercial vehicle industry in the areas of safety, driver-centric design, and reliability,” said Roger Nielsen, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September