Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market
In response to the Mexican trucking industry’s interest in bringing cabover-engine tractor options to its market, Daimler Trucks North American on Tuesday introduced two new Freightliner cabover models designed specifically for Mexico.
The two new tractors, a Class 8 unit dubbed the 2528 and a Class 6 unit numbered 1217, join Daimler’s Freightliner 360 portfolio for the Mexican market. Daimler says the addition of the two new models steers it towards its goal to “conquer the Mexican market” by targeting the country’s cabover demand. DTNA unveiled the tractors at the 2017 Expo Transporte ANPACT show taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico, this week.
“In response to the characteristics and needs of the Mexican transport industry, it is now possible for us to bring to this market the new generation of 360 trucks that constitutes an innovative family of products to meet the most specific needs of our customers’ business,” says Flavio Rivera, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks Mexico.
Daimler Truck North America cabover
DTNA says it hopes to capture the emerging cabover market in Mexico with its two new tractor offerings.
Both vehicles offer strong maneuverability, a reinforced steel cabin, spacious interiors, high corrosion resistance, a proprietary powertrain, an ergonomic design and a versatile chassis that allows for many different configurations, the company says. The cabovers are also the first Freightliner vehicles with Euro V SCR engines to be brought to market in Mexico — a country where making inroads with vehicles equipped with modern emissions-reduction technology has been a challenge for truck makers.
The Class 8 360 2528 is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz engine with 280 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G131 manual transmission. An extended cab is available. The 2528 can haul 17 tons and has rear and frontal stabilization bars, an ergonomic dashboard, an engine and exhaust braking system, optional sleeper cab configuration and a fuel efficiency diagnostic system.
The Class 6 360 1217 comes with a Mitsubishi engine with 170 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G85 transmission with 7 gears. It offers eight tons of payload, an adjustable telescopic steering wheel, electric windows and locks, air conditioning, standard fog lamps for better visibility and will be available with three different axle distances.
“We hope to help transform this country’s commercial vehicle industry in the areas of safety, driver-centric design, and reliability,” said Roger Nielsen, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1