Aurich Waste Company Improves Productivity with Allison-equipped DAF Side-loader
The waste management company for Aurich bought its first 10 Allison transmission-equipped vehicles in 2011. The DAF CF 75 side-loader models with HS body use the fully automatic 3000 Series™ for greater durability, productivity and reduced maintenance costs.
"We are really satisfied with the vehicles," said Carsten Appelhoff, technical fleet manager at MKW (Materialkreislauf- und Kompostwirtschaft) GmbH. "Thanks to the Allison transmissions, the vehicles can easily endure the tough operating conditions with more than 1,000 stops per work shift. An automated manual transmission (AMT) would have the greatest difficulties."
Since 2011, the fleet has expanded to 19 DAF CF side-loader vehicles. The latest addition, with Faun Sidepress body, was put into service only a few weeks ago. The 26-ton vehicles with a steered rear axle and 10.8 liter engine, empty the refuse bins of 100,000 households on the East Frisian mainland – a rural region – in one-man operation. The vehicles accumulate annual mileage of approximately 30,000 km and 1,800 operating hours.
"Our decision for fully automatic transmissions has really paid off,” said Appelhoff. “They really speed up our work: in a nine-hour work shift we are able to empty around 1,200 refuse bins; in individual cases, we even empty 1,500."
In addition to the robust drivetrains of the vehicles, Appelhoff especially appreciates the availability and cost-benefit ratio of its workshop partners.
“If I take a look at the maintenance costs of my vehicles, I know we made the right decision,” said Appelhoff. “The only required maintenance for the transmissions is the routine oil and filter change. Authorized Allison dealer Kronenberg Getriebetechnik is in charge of preventive maintenance, in close cooperation with Bohlje Kraftfahrzeuge, our DAF partner.”
In terms of fuel consumption, the vehicles are also a cost-effective choice. “With comparable engines and working conditions, the fuel consumption of our DAF side-loaders with Allison transmissions is about 10 percent lower than for our refuse vehicles with AMTs.”
Allison transmissions use a patented torque converter instead of a traditional dry clutch that eliminates the need of traditional clutch repair and replacement like it is necessary for manual and AMTs. Allison’s torque converter smoothly multiplies engine torque during start-up and acceleration and provides the drivetrain protection against torque shock and vibrations. This feature also allows precise vehicle control for exact alignment with bins and containers, driving on confined space and working at extreme low speeds. Allison automatics deliver seamless uninterrupted power shifts for increased average speed and productivity and operator’s comfort. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award 2020-04-06
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1