Volkswagen Group and JAC Explore Joint Venture for Multi Functional Vehicles
Three parties plan joint venture to pursue research and development on Multi Functional Vehicles
New cooperation will be another milestone in the companies'relationship
Intended R&D joint venture will cover both internal combustion engine and new energy models
Beijing/Hefei, November 27, 2017. Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft, Volkswagen Group China and Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co., Ltd. (JAC) plan to undertake research and development on multi functional vehicles together. The three parties today signed a Memorandum of Understanding to explore potential joint venture models. The new cooperation will be another milestone in the companies’ relationship, after they agreed to set up a joint venture to manufacture battery electric vehicles for the competitive e-mobility passenger car market in June.
Prof. Dr. Jochem Heizmann, Member of the Board of Management of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft as well as President and CEO of Volkswagen Group China, said, 'Volkswagen welcomes this opportunity to pursue further cooperation with JAC. Both groups have complementary strengths in the multi functional vehicle field. JAC is an established brand in the Chinese market with a strong track record of producing multi functional vehicles that are popular with consumers. Volkswagen has a long heritage in producing versatile vehicles with advanced technology.'
Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles (VWCV) brand will take the lead role on behalf of Volkswagen Aktiengesellschaft to be JAC’s partner in the joint venture. Mr. Joern Hasenfuss, Member of the Board of Management Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brand, said: 'Volkswagen has a multi functional vehicle heritage going back nearly seven decades. Also in China, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles has attracted a growing band of loyal customers. But there are more chances. With our partner JAC we want to merge experience and knowhow of both companies for the benefit of the Chinese market. A hallmark of both companies is a commitment to meeting customer needs and advanced technology.'
An Jin, Chairman of the Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co., Ltd, said: 'JAC is pleased to further expand our relationship with Volkswagen. JAC has rich product series, technology reserve and market base in multi functional vehicle area. We see great potential for mutual benefit in an area where both companies have strong advantages. Together, we can greatly enhance the MFV market, bringing consumers excellent products and more choice.'
The companies will actively explore a full range of cooperation including advances in MFV design, technology, product quality through R&D as well as sales. It will cover both internal combustion engine and new energy models. JAC will have a 50 percent stake in the new venture, with Volkswagen Group holding the other 50 percent. It is planned to set up the venture in Hefei, Anhui province, where JAC is based.
Anhui Jianghuai Automobile Co., Ltd. is a well-known Chinese manufacturer of passenger cars and commercial vehicles with headquarters in Hefei (Anhui Province). The company's product range mainly includes heavy, medium and light trucks, multi-functional commercial vehicles, SUVs, sedans and buses as well as key components such as chassis, transmissions, engines and axle units. JAC markets its vehicles under two automobile brands: 'Jianghuai' and 'Ankai'
About the Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles brand: As a stand-alone brand within the Volkswagen Group, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles is responsible globally for the development, construction and sales of light commercial vehicles, producing the Transporter, Caddy, Crafter and Amarok ranges. In consultation with its customers, Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles draws up appropriate vehicle concepts, telematics and logistics solutions for the sparing use of resources at the highest possible level of efficiency. In 2016, the brand sold around 480,000 light commercial vehicles, produced at its sites in Hannover (D), Poznań (PL), Wrze?nia (PL) and Pacheco (ARG). Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles employs over 21,000 people globally. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement 2019-12-30
- JAC Wins Awards at the 12th China International Energy Conservation Competition 2019-12-27
- Sichuan JAC Realize Production in New Energy Light Trucks 2019-12-26
- Mr.JAC of Light Duty Truck Started Their China Tour 2019-11-28
- JAC Reveals New Trucks with National VI Emission Standards in Shenzhen 2019-11-27
- JAC 2020 Gallop Truck Signs Purchasing Orders Totalling Over 1,000 Units 2019-11-15
- JAC 2020 T8 Pick-up to be Launched in Philippines Market 2019-11-08
- JAC Gallop K7, A6LII Trucks with Automatic Gear Arouse Customers’Awareness 2019-11-04
- JAC Shines at the 2019 Macau Auto Show 2019-10-29
- JAC Strengthens Its Presence in Peru 2019-10-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September