Chinese Truck Maker Drives Electric Boom
FAW Jiefang Automotive Co. Ltd., an established Chinese truck manufacturer, has opened its first production base for electric trucks.
The base in the eastern coastal city of Qingdao is expected to produce 50,000 full electric trucks each year, according to the company, a subsidiary of China's leading auto maker FAW Group.
The company has developed light, medium and heavy new energy trucks, said Hu Hanjie, general manager of FAW Jiefang.
New energy vehicles, including all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles, have seen explosive growth in China.
Statistics from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology showed that 517,000 new energy vehicles, including full electric vehicles and plug-in hybrids, were manufactured and 490,000 were sold between January and October, both up more than 45 percent year on year.
Since the first Jiefang truck was manufactured in 1956, the brand has sold more than 6.6 million trucks and exported to 80 countries and regions.
In 2016, the company sold 202,000 trucks, 185,000 of which were medium and heavy vehicles, holding the biggest market share in China at 19.25 percent. Its output this year has exceeded 300,000, the company announced Thursday.
In addition to the electric push, Jiefang will also focus on research for self-driving trucks in coming years. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- CHINESE NEW YEAR HOLIDAY CLOSURE NOTICE 2019-01-31
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market 2018-07-02
- Chinese Branded Trucks are Favored by Kenyan Haulage Firms 2018-03-09
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice 2018-02-10
- Chinese Truck Maker Eyes Expanding LatAm Market 2018-01-22
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2017-09-30
- FAW Ranks First Among “Top 100 Chinese Brands” 2017-06-01
- Holiday Notice for Chinese New Year 2017-01-20
- Notice For Chinese National Holiday's Leave 2016-09-30
- Yuchai’s Seven Results Win Chinese Mechanical Industry Science and Technology Award 2013-11-06
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1