Iran Khodro Diesel Launches Hyundai Trucks’ Assembly Line
Iran Khodro Diesel, a local truck-maker and a subsidiary of Iran Khodro Company, has launched the assembly line for two Hyundai trucks.
IKD and the South Korean firm signed a deal in August on the production and assembly of several models.
According to IKCO Press, two light-duty trucks HD78 and HD65 are assembled under the deal.
The two companies have a history of collaboration and IKD has produced several models of Hyundai trucks in the past. Their ties were cut when sanctions were imposed on Iran over its nuclear program.
The HD65 and HD78 are equipped with 140hp and 150hp Euro4 engines respectively, as well as diesel particulate filters.
DPF is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of diesel engines. The company is yet to announce a price tag for the two trucks.
IKD CEO Alireza Saji, who was present at the launching ceremony, said, “Talks over expansion of ties are underway between IKD and Hyundai. We hope to produce/assemble buses, minibuses and other light-duty trucks in collaboration with Hyundai in Iran.”
According to Saji, technology transfer and localization top IKD’s agenda. “The share of Iran-made parts will be increased in locally manufactured Hyundai trucks over time,” he said, without elaborating further.
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
- Sichuan Hyundai Opens 4S Stores in Myanmar 2018-07-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September