Iran Khodro Diesel Launches Hyundai Trucks’ Assembly Line
Iran Khodro Diesel, a local truck-maker and a subsidiary of Iran Khodro Company, has launched the assembly line for two Hyundai trucks.
IKD and the South Korean firm signed a deal in August on the production and assembly of several models.
According to IKCO Press, two light-duty trucks HD78 and HD65 are assembled under the deal.
The two companies have a history of collaboration and IKD has produced several models of Hyundai trucks in the past. Their ties were cut when sanctions were imposed on Iran over its nuclear program.
The HD65 and HD78 are equipped with 140hp and 150hp Euro4 engines respectively, as well as diesel particulate filters.
DPF is a device designed to remove diesel particulate matter or soot from the exhaust gas of diesel engines. The company is yet to announce a price tag for the two trucks.
IKD CEO Alireza Saji, who was present at the launching ceremony, said, “Talks over expansion of ties are underway between IKD and Hyundai. We hope to produce/assemble buses, minibuses and other light-duty trucks in collaboration with Hyundai in Iran.”
According to Saji, technology transfer and localization top IKD’s agenda. “The share of Iran-made parts will be increased in locally manufactured Hyundai trucks over time,” he said, without elaborating further.
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030 2020-07-24
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1