Hyundai Set to Launch Eco-Friendly Commercial Vehicles Next Year
The Hyundai Motor Group is accelerating the process of producing electric vehicles in the commercial vehicle sector such as electric buses and trucks as well. The business group set a goal of launching eco-friendly electric models of small trucks such as the Porter, medium-sized buses and the heavy truck Xient, regardless of sizes and types starting next year.
"The biggest strength of the commercial vehicle division of the Hyundai Motor Group is to generate synergies with the group’s passenger car division. We will expand eco-friendly lineups from the small truck Porter to the big truck Xient," said Mike Ziegler, director of commercial vehicle research and development (R&D) at Hyundai Motor Group. "We are also focusing on improving convenience and safety apart from developing eco-friendly models. We will speed up the development of high-tech safety technologies that take into account driver and pedestrian safety as well as vehicle platooning and autonomous navigation based on connectivity technology. This marked the first time that Ziegler, who joined Hyundai Motor from Daimler Trucks last December, introduced a blueprint for the commercial vehicle division of the Hyundai Motor Group.
Apart from introducing a hydrogen electric bus during the PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games, production of electric commercial vehicles will begin with a small model. The automaker decided to load electric motor systems used in the Kona EV into the Porter and Mighty under development with the goal of launching them next year. Their battery capacity will be expanded to 256kWh to compensate for their increased body weights. On one charge, they will be able to run 250 to 300 km.
"First of all, we are going to launch a small electric truck, and plan to launch a small electric bus within two years," Ziegler said. The small electric bus is the County, and Hyundai recently began to produce a pilot car for the model. "Small buses, which can cover relatively short distances compared to large buses, are advantageous in terms of electric car production," Ziegler added.
Therefore, a large number of small town buses, which are commonly found in urban areas, are expected to be replaced by Hyundai's County electric buses in 2020.
In the mid- to long-term, Hyundai's large-size truck Xient will also be transformed into an eco-friendly model. Its eco-friendly model is set to come out in 2022. Hyundai is considering developing the Xient in the form of a hydrogen-powered electric car, unlike small trucks and medium-sized buses. In terms of mileage, hydrogen cars are stronger than pure electric cars. Hyundai introduced a hydrogen electric bus at the PyeongChang Winter Olympics. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
- Sichuan Hyundai Opens 4S Stores in Myanmar 2018-07-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September