Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased
Swedish truck and bus manufacturer Scania is planning to set up its first vehicle plant in China after Beijing eased its restrictions on firms' foreign ownership.
Scania's financial unit is proceeding with the factory application, after which the operation plan will be put into action at the end of this year or the beginning of next year, Steve Wager, the general manager of Scania China told online news outlet Jiemian.
Beijing lowered the limit of foreign-funded firms' ownership in some sectors to 51 percent last month, which means that overseas companies can buy out their local partners and have more power in decision-making in these ventures.
Scania already has two factories in China, which is its largest market in Asia. Sales hit a new high last year, driven by a surge in demand for tractors, as well as commercial trucks and chassis trucks.
Scania is quite content about the performance of its new-generation trucks in China, Wager said, adding that independent dealers and direct-sale franchisers will coexist to expand Scania’s marketing networks. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
- Scania Unveiled an Entire Range of New Trucks in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania’s New Truck Generation Officially Launched in UAE 2018-11-02
- Scania Delivers Its XT P 370 6×6 Tanker to Fight Forest Fires in Sweden 2018-10-29
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck 2018-09-17
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show 2018-09-12
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September