IAA 2018: Mercedes-Benz Trucks to Showcase Flagship Truck
Commercial vehicle manufacturer, Mercedes-Benz Trucks will showcase its flagship truck, the new Actros, at the IAA Commerical Vehicles Show in Hanover, Germany, it announced today.
World media will get a first look at the Actros at the Premiere Night of the international event.
It will feature a new Multimedia Cockpit, with what Mercedes-Benz Trucks confirmed is an updated interface between driver and vehicle enabling seamless connectivity with digital services and assistance systems.
Fleet managers will be able to monitor the Actros in real time without delay.
Active Drive Assist will, reportedly, provide the driver with access to semi-automated driving at all speeds for the first time in a series production truck Mercedes-Benz said in a statement.
Active lateral control and the combination of longitudinal and lateral control at all speed ranges that combine radar and camera information are among its other features.
The new Mercedes-Benz Actros is anticipated to consume up to three per cent less fuel than its predecessor. An improved Predictive Powertrain Control system has been touted as offering an increase of five per cent in fuel efficiency on regional routes.
Improvements to aerodynamics have also helped reduce fuel consumption.
“The new MirrorCam replaces the large outside mirrors and helps to reduce wind resistance considerably due to a streamlined shape and smaller dimensions,” Mercedes-Benz Trucks said in a statement.
“The new, concave-shaped cab side deflectors also improve aerodynamics, as the optimised design of the roof spoiler does.”
Options for configuring the Actros are reportedly many with the new truck available to order from the commencement of the 2018IAA show.
The first vehicles are expected to be delivered to customers in the spring of next year. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Mercedes-Benz TruckParts Officially Enters China Market 2019-04-12
- Mercedes-Benz Launches New Actros, Arocs into Nigeria’s Market 2018-10-22
- IAA 2018: New Mercedes-Benz Actros Unveils Daimler’s Next-Gen Safety Techs 2018-09-20
- Amazon is Adding 100 Electric Mercedes-Benz Vans to Its Delivery Fleet 2018-07-03
- Mercedes-Benz Displays New Trucks at Dhahran Expo 2018-05-04
- Mercedes-Benz Starts Launching of Long-awaited New Actros Truck in South Africa 2018-04-13
- Daimler Presents Its Mercedes-Benz Urban eTruck Before Tesla's Truck Event 2017-11-15
- Mercedes-Benz Reveals Production X-Class Pickup Truck in South Africa 2017-07-25
- Mercedes-Benz Sets to Shine at the Brisbane Truck Show 2017-05-19
- FleetBoard Drivers' League 2017 Coming 2017-05-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September