Wabco Announces JV in China with FAW Jiefang for CV Safety Products
Wabco, the global supplier of braking control systems and other advanced technologies that improve the safety, efficiency and connectivity of commercial vehicles, today announced that it has signed an agreement to establish a new joint venture for vehicle control systems with FAW Jiefang Automotive Company to advance the safety and efficiency of commercial vehicles in China. This includes accelerating Wabco’s single-piston air disc brake (ADB) technology leadership in China.
An innovative and market-leading commercial vehicle manufacturer, FAW Jiefang has built its manufacturing capabilities and industry expertise for over 60 years. The joint venture will commence with the manufacture of Wabco's advanced MAXX single-piston ADB from 2019.
With over six million single-piston ADB systems sold, Wabco says it is the long-established global market leader for this advanced technology. A major focus of the joint venture will be heavy-duty trucks, given Wabco’s mastery of single-piston ADB technology for 30,000 Nm applications which have a compact, lightweight design with fewer components and are proven to deliver the highest standards of safety, performance and reliability. Wabco says its industry-leading, high-performance single-piston ADB technology is best suited for all types of commercial vehicles – light, medium and heavy-duty platforms.
This is the first step in a much broader collaboration. WABCO and FAW Jiefang are also planning to cooperate on advanced braking systems development in the areas of autonomous driving, active safety systems and fleet management systems (FMS) to help support commercial vehicle manufacturers and fleets in China to further transform safety and efficiency.
“Powerfully building on the success of over two decades of partnership, this new joint venture marks an important acceleration of Wabco’s collaboration with FAW Jiefang, and further strengthens the market position of two industry leaders in China,” said Sujie Yu, vice-president, Asia-Pacific and Business Leader China, Wabco. “With this exciting new joint venture we will be able to better serve our customers in China with more advanced Wabco technologies.”
“Proud of our reputation as the cradle of China’s auto industry, FAW Jiefang is committed to building the most trusted truck brand by accelerating our twin strategies of independent development and proactive collaboration with the world’s most advanced technology leaders. Uniquely combining our respective strengths, our joint venture with Wabco represents a powerful alliance between two leading brands,” said Hu Hanjie, chairman, FAW Jiefang Automobile. "Our close partnership with Wabco will add new momentum to FAW Jiefang’s future development which will help propel China’s commercial vehicle industry towards an intelligent, lightweight, low-carbon and safer future." (www.chinatrucks.com)
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- Changchun WABCO Vehicle Control System Co., Ltd. Starts Operation 2019-03-01
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- IAA 2018: WABCO to Display Industry's First Electric Trailer Prototype 2018-09-17
- Wabco Launches First Customer Care Center in North America 2018-08-03
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- WABCO Achieves a New annual Record for Customer Awards and Industry Recognition 2018-06-15
- Sinotruk Extends Cooperation Agreement with WABCO on ADAS, AMT, EBS, ECAS Tech 2018-04-12
- Wabco Stood Out among Other Suppliers to Win Two Awards from Sinotruk 2018-03-15
- Wabco Invests $10 Million in Nikola Motor, Looks to Advance Safety for EV 2017-12-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1