Tesla and Frito-Lay to Launch Near Zero Emissions Distribution Facility
Tesla and PepsiCo’s Frito-Lay will work together to develop and produce a new “near zero-emission” distribution facility. According to the company, the facility will be comprise of a whole fleet of Tesla Semi electric trucks, a few other electric vehicles, a charging system, , as well as some Tesla energy storage systems and a solar array.
The project was launched as part of California Air Resources Board and San Joaquin Valley’s effort to curb air pollution from vehicles, which has been a real issue of public concern.
The State has granted Frito-Lay’s $30,764,486 project and will provide nearly half of the tatal funds needed for such a mission.
Frito-Lay will use the money to retrofit the company’s Modesto facility, Aside from the 15 Tesla Semis, other new equipment that will be tested as part of the project are listed in a filing:
15 heavy-duty Tesla battery electric trucks
6 Peterbilt e220 battery electric straight trucks
3 battery electric BYD yard trucks
12 Iron-Phosphate battery electric BYD forklifts
38 Volvo trucks fueled with ultra-low carbon renewable natural gas
On-site renewable energy generation (solar PV)
Energy storage systems from Tesla
Electric vehicle supply equipment
A publicly accessible renewable natural gas fueling station
The partners involving in the project includes Tesla, Volvo and BYD etc, but Tesla seems to be among the big one with several different products.
They described Tesla’s role in the filling:
“Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) [Tesla[ will deliver 15 highly anticipated Tesla Semis along with battery electric truck charging infrastructure, a largescale solar PV system, and two energy storage systems for facility peak shaving and heavy-duty electric truck charging.”
After the launch of Tesla Semi, PepsiCo secured 100 all-electric semis from the Silicon Valley automaker in 2017. Now some of them would go to the Modesto facility as part of this new project.
- 400 Units SAIC Maxus T60 Pickups Shipped to Qatar for Rental Services 2020-09-02
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- First Batch of 18 Hongyan Trucks Delivered to Uzbekistan as Scheduled 2020-09-01
- SINOTRUK to Launch a New Generation of Huanghe branded Truck in September 2020-09-01
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- SANY SRT95C Dump Trucks Delivered in Eritrea 2020-08-28
- The 1,000 th XCMG Mining Truck XDM80 Rolled Off Factory Line 2020-08-28
- XCMG Launched Four New Products 2020-08-27
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020 2020-08-25
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover 2020-08-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1