Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand
The investment in a new factory in Bangkok sends a strong signal to the market, and makes Thailand a hub for Scania’s operations in Asia.
With a new assembly facility for trucks and bus chassis in the Bangkok Free Trade Zone, Scania is strengthening its presence in Thailand and Asia. The new factory, which also holds a manufacturing facility for truck cabs, is the biggest production investment Scania has done outside Europe and Latin America.
The new establishment is a fully cross-functional set-up, manned by people from Scania´s Production and Logistics, R&D, Purchasing as well as Sales and Marketing. The total investment in the factory is THB 800 million.
“With this new industrial establishment and with local suppliers, we can now build Scania trucks and buses according to global specifications, with Thai origin. It gives completely new prerequisites for our growth in the ASEAN Free Trade Area,” says Gustaf Sundell, Managing Director for Scania Group Thailand.
“By increasing our local presence we are now able to quickly respond to the customers‘ demands, and make sure that we provide the best transport solution for each customer,” he continues.
In addition, a regional headquarter has been established in Thailand, to support Scania´s distributors in Asia and Oceania in developing business in their markets.
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
- Scania Unveiled an Entire Range of New Trucks in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania’s New Truck Generation Officially Launched in UAE 2018-11-02
- Scania Delivers Its XT P 370 6×6 Tanker to Fight Forest Fires in Sweden 2018-10-29
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck 2018-09-17
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show 2018-09-12
- Scania Sets to Launch Its Own China Truck Factory As Ownership Rules Eased 2018-08-21
- Scania Wins Latest 1,000 Point Test for the Second Year in Succession 2018-02-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September