Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up
Daimler Group has registered the highest ever sales in 2018 at half a million trucks. The figure marks the peak for the past decade in the company's history and is mainly helped by the sales up in America and Asia, particularly in North America and Asia, where a significantly high growth rate of double-digit was achieved. The growth rate in the Germany and Europe markets was also up, making up four percent of the total global sales.
By contrast, Daimler saw a decline in China, the largest market for commercial vehicles. Truck divison head Martin Daum announced an estimate based on preliminary figures and reported an 11 percent increase in sales for the period ending November 2018 compared to last year.
In the January-November period, sales of Daimler's truck unit rose 11% on year, to 466,900 units, compared with 422,500 in the same period a year earlier. Daimler said sales in the Nafta region increased by 15% to 172,700 vehicles in the first eleven months of 2018, while in Asia they rose 12% to 147,900. Daimler produces trucks there under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units.
Daimler produces trucks in China under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units. The Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive (BFDA) produces Mercedes-Benz engines under license for the local assembly of Auman trucks, the company is known for advanced technology in the commercial vehicle sector. Thus, the straight-six engine meets the emission standards Euro 4 and 5 and in 2016 the Auman EST was presented as a premium product with standard equipped air suspension, telematics and ASR.
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1