Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up
Daimler Group has registered the highest ever sales in 2018 at half a million trucks. The figure marks the peak for the past decade in the company's history and is mainly helped by the sales up in America and Asia, particularly in North America and Asia, where a significantly high growth rate of double-digit was achieved. The growth rate in the Germany and Europe markets was also up, making up four percent of the total global sales.
By contrast, Daimler saw a decline in China, the largest market for commercial vehicles. Truck divison head Martin Daum announced an estimate based on preliminary figures and reported an 11 percent increase in sales for the period ending November 2018 compared to last year.
In the January-November period, sales of Daimler's truck unit rose 11% on year, to 466,900 units, compared with 422,500 in the same period a year earlier. Daimler said sales in the Nafta region increased by 15% to 172,700 vehicles in the first eleven months of 2018, while in Asia they rose 12% to 147,900. Daimler produces trucks there under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units.
Daimler produces trucks in China under the Foton Auman brand in a joint venture with Foton Motor. In 2017 an initiative by the Chinese government which has renewed its vehicle fleet, resulted in extraordinarily high sales of 112,000 units. The Beijing Foton Daimler Automotive (BFDA) produces Mercedes-Benz engines under license for the local assembly of Auman trucks, the company is known for advanced technology in the commercial vehicle sector. Thus, the straight-six engine meets the emission standards Euro 4 and 5 and in 2016 the Auman EST was presented as a premium product with standard equipped air suspension, telematics and ASR.
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks 2019-09-23
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand 2018-09-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September