Allison Transmission Announces Launch of 9-speed Transmission at Auto Shanghai
SHANGHAI – Apr.16, 2019 Allison Transmission today announced the launch of its medium-duty, fully automatic 9-speed transmission as well as its electric hybrid system with purely electric extended range in China. The news was revealed at Auto Shanghai 2019.
“Right now is an exciting time to be part of Allison and our industry as a whole,” said John Coll, Global MSS Senior Vice President of Allison Transmission. “There is more rapid change in our industry and more Allison initiatives underway today than at any point during the last decade.”
In line with the theme “Creating better life” of Auto Shanghai 2019, with this new transmission, Allison continues to demonstrate its commitment to delivering on customer needs regarding fuel efficiency and vehicle emissions.
Built on the proven reliability and durability of our 2000 Series™ 6-speed transmission, which has accumulated more than 100 billion miles in commercial operation, this new product delivers significant fuel savings without compromising the productivity advantages of Allison automatic transmission technology. The product is designed to address the needs of a variety of applications including distribution, rental/lease, construction, and shuttle or school buses.
In addition to the 9-speed transmission, Allison also announced the expansion of its electrification portfolio that includes an electric hybrid system with a purely electric extended range—up to 15 kilometers. Ideal for transit bus and motor coach applications, the system features zero-emissions with engine off, including when approaching, during and leaving passenger stops for a quieter and healthier environment.
“There is one attribute that separates our fully automatic transmissions from all other transmissions in the China commercial vehicle market…RELIABILITY,” Coll continued. “We continually identify the China market trends and listen to the voice of our customers; both vehicle manufacturers and end user fleets.”
That is why in over 40 years of presence in China Allison remains the top supplier of fully automatic transmissions in China. “With the unprecedented change in the Chinese commercial vehicle market, Allison is committed to accelerate the adoption of fully automatic transmissions in a wide range of vocational truck initiatives than at any other time in our China business,” said Ashwin Gopalaswamy, Executive Director, Asia Pacific Sales with Allison Transmission.
Allison competes in a complex and fragmented space, requiring a range of propulsion solutions. “From a conventional internal combustion drivetrain to alternative fuels and electric hybrid systems, the combination of our experience and expertise, application knowledge and product planning discipline, have attributed the confidence our customers have in Allison to remain a leader in our industry. This is very much like the confidence an Allison Transmissions offers our end-users, especially in extreme conditions,” emphasized Heidi Schutte, Allison’s Global Sales Vice President.
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
- Triel-HT Uses Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions in Airport Fire Trucks 2019-08-16
- Allison Offers E-axle Solution for Evaluation on Powerful Electric Class 8 Truck 2019-06-27
- Allison to Build Advanced Vehicle Environmental Test Facility in Indianapolis 2019-04-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September