Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks
Allison Transmission Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ALSN), the largest global manufacturer of medium- and heavy-duty fully automatic transmissions, today announced a partnership with Bell Equipment, a world leader in the off-highway vehicle and equipment business headquartered in South Africa. In addition to utilizing the Allison 4800 ORS in an industry leading 60- ton articulated dump truck (ADT), Allison introduced the 3400ORS transmission for the Bell B30E (ADT). Additionally, the South African manufacturer has recently announced the extension of Allison Transmission as their exclusive transmission supplier for the next five years.
“Allison Transmission is pleased to be the exclusive transmission supplier for the complete range of Bell ADTs,” said Pierre Du Plessis, Allison Transmissionaccount manager and market developer for South Africa. “Our Allison 2000, 3000 and 4000 Series™ transmissions used in Bell trucks are exceptionally durable and high performing making them ideally suited for the severe environments where they will be used.”
Bell Equipment’s partnership with Allison dates back to the 1970s when the company, which was founded in 1954 as an agricultural solutions provider, began using Allison transmissions in their haulage tractors. The company has now chosen to standardize Allison Transmission’s products across its full portfolio of ADTs and haulage tractors.
“Our customers in the mining, quarrying, construction and agricultural sectors have become accustomed to the reliability, smooth gear changes and low fuel consumption that Bell machines are able to deliver due in part to the contribution of Allison transmissions,” said Tristan du Pisanie, Bell Equipment’s ADT Product Manager. “These efficient and advanced transmissions allow us to offer market leading solutions to our customers to keep them at the forefront of technology that is focused on reducing operational costs and enhancing their ownership experience.”
Based on the 3000 SeriesTM platform, the 3400ORS is used in Bell’s 30-ton heavy-duty truck and is engineered to offer unparalleled durability and value over the lifecycle. This transmission is equipped with the xFE (extra fuel economy) gear ratio set and designed to deliver significantly more torque converter lock-up operation and spend more time in higher ranges at lower engine speeds, producing exceptional fuel savings.
ADTs that utilize Allison transmissions will accelerate faster and operate at higher average speeds, allowing them to make more runs per day, boosting productivity. Higher horsepower and a torque converter with Continuous Power Technology™ provide increased performance and vehicle control to transport industry-leading payloads. Bell vehicles also feature DynActive™ shifting capability to further optimize fuel economy by adjusting the shift point based on the vehicle weight and road grade.
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
- Triel-HT Uses Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions in Airport Fire Trucks 2019-08-16
- Allison Offers E-axle Solution for Evaluation on Powerful Electric Class 8 Truck 2019-06-27
- Allison to Build Advanced Vehicle Environmental Test Facility in Indianapolis 2019-04-22
- Allison Transmission Announces Launch of 9-speed Transmission at Auto Shanghai 2019-04-22
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September