CATL to Supply Batteries for Daimler Electric Trucks
Daimler's truck and bus division and Chinese battery manufacturer Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL) have signed a worldwide supply agreement for battery modules for electric trucks starting from 2021, Daimler announced on Wednesday.
The agreement covers the supply of lithium-ion battery cell modules for Mercedes-Benz's eActros, Freightliner eCascadia and Freightliner eM2 models, Daimler said.
"We strive to be first to market with series production zero-emission transportation solutions on a global scale," said Gesa Reimelt, head of the E-Mobility Group at Daimler Trucks and Buses.
Daimler will be responsible for the development of the battery systems and would take over assembly at its truck plants in Mannheim, Germany, and Detroit in the United States, the German carmaker announced.
CATL President Jia Zhou said the partnership with Daimler Trucks and Buses is "an important step forward to realize our shared vision of a more sustainable society in the near future."
Back in December, Daimler announced that the company had secured more than 20 billion euros (22.1 billion U.S. dollars) worth of battery cells for its electric cars and trucks.
"Working with CATL as a strong global partner will go a long way in providing a wide range of electric trucks for series production from 2021 onwards," commented Reimelt.
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
- Foton Daimler Delivers 130 Units Auman Port Vehicles to Customers in Guangzhou 2019-11-01
- Daimler Rolls Out of Its 750,000th Heavy-duty Trucks at Clevela Plant 2019-08-29
- Daimler to Make Mercedes Benz-branded Heavy Trucks in China 2019-08-23
- Foton Daimler's Super Power Chain Hit the Market 2019-08-08
- Daimler 2018 Truck Sales Was Up 2019-04-08
- Foton Daimler Signs a Sales Contract with CIMC Ruijiang Auto 2019-02-19
- Daimler Hands over First Electric Freightliner Truck in the U.S. 2019-01-03
- Foton Daimler Won Special Contribution Award 2018-12-20
- IAA 2018: Daimler Affirms Truck and Bus Assembly Plant in Thailand 2018-09-21
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September