JAC 2020 T8 Pick-up to be Launched in Philippines Market
JAC Motors Philippines is looking to shake up the pickup truck segment with an all-new offering. Aside from the T6 which they have been selling since 2018, the automaker is also planning to release another contender: the T8.
Bolder and equipped with a bit more features than the T6, the JAC T8 features a more unique exterior, along with a slightly more upscale cabin.
Beginning with its looks, the T8 gets a prominent front fascia courtesy of stylish HID headlights and a huge trapezoidal grill. It is also accompanied by a pair of horizontal foglights, along with the ‘JAC’ logo finished in red. The wheel wells, on the other hand, house massive 18-inch alloy wheels that are wrapped in 265/60/R18 tires. Finally, the T8 gets a snazzy pair of ‘Double C’ style LED taillights which makes for a more pleasing design according to JAC.
Besides giving the T8 a more aggressive exterior, JAC worked on the interior for a more ‘luxurious’ look and feel compared to the T6. Neat touches of brown trim cover the dashboard as well as the door trim and center console for a more upscale finish.
A new touchscreen infotainment system makes its way inside the T8 and offers features like Bluetooth, USB and video playback. Other amenities like cruise control, tire pressure monitoring, as well as a 360-degree around-view camera may also be available once it officially arrives in the country.
A total of two engine options are available for the 2020 T8. However, there are no exact details yet if both four-cylinder options will be available. First up is the 2.0-liter CTI turbo-diesel which will most likely be available locally. Its puts out 138 PS at 3600 rpm along with 320 Nm of torque at 1600 - 2600 rpm.
Meanwhile, the other engine is a 2.0-liter turbo-gasoline which produces 190 PS at 5000 rpm and 290 Nm of torque at 1800 - 4800 rpm. Both the turbo-gasoline and the turbo-diesel models only come with a six-speed manual transmission. It’s also available in both 4x2 and 4x4 configurations. Those curious about its bed will be glad to know that it measures 1810mm long, 1520mm wide and 470mm tall.
With the planned arrival of the all-new T8 set for some time in 2020, does this mean the T6 will be discontinued? According to JAC both the T6 and T8 may be offered at the same time. This is due to how JAC markets the two pickup trucks differently. The former is geared towards as a workhorse that is strong and reliable. The latter, meanwhile, is marketed as more ‘SUV-like’ and is designed to meet different lifestyles while also featuring intelligent features.
Safety features that could come as standard on the PH-spec T8 are: dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes with electronic brakeforce distribution, electronic stability control, lane departure warning, and front and rear parking sensors.
Other details, as well as suggested retail pricing for the 2020 JAC T8 will be available soon.
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement 2019-12-30
- JAC Wins Awards at the 12th China International Energy Conservation Competition 2019-12-27
- Sichuan JAC Realize Production in New Energy Light Trucks 2019-12-26
- Mr.JAC of Light Duty Truck Started Their China Tour 2019-11-28
- JAC Reveals New Trucks with National VI Emission Standards in Shenzhen 2019-11-27
- JAC 2020 Gallop Truck Signs Purchasing Orders Totalling Over 1,000 Units 2019-11-15
- JAC Gallop K7, A6LII Trucks with Automatic Gear Arouse Customers’Awareness 2019-11-04
- JAC Shines at the 2019 Macau Auto Show 2019-10-29
- JAC Strengthens Its Presence in Peru 2019-10-23
- JAC D50AT Engineering Truck: An Ideal Choice for Urban Logistic Services 2019-09-30
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September