ZF and Wolong to Form JV for Production of Electric Motors and Components
ZF Friedrichshafen AG and China’s Wolong Electric Group Co., Ltd are stepping up their existing cooperation. The two companies have signed an agreement to establish a joint venture that will produce components and electric motors for automotive applications. This partnership will enhance the ZF product portfolio and further improve competitiveness in electric driveline systems.
“The partnership with Wolong, a key player of electric motors and components in the Chinese market, is a great next step in further strengthening our electric mobility strategy. With the joint venture we extend our value chain for electric motors to include sub-components and it gives us even better access to customers and suppliers in China,“ says Jörg Grotendorst, Head of ZF’s E-Mobility Division.
The joint venture will operate under the name Wolong ZF Automotive E Motors Co Ltd. and manufactures electric motors and components for use in ZF driveline systems and the open market. An initial success of this partnership is the award of a major series production contract for electric motor components for hybrid and electric drives. Electrified drivelines contribute significantly to reduce CO2 emissions from road traffic.
The joint venture headquartered in Shangyu, Zhejiang Province, China, will provide optimal access to the Chinese market, leverage joint purchasing potential and focus on future business. By 2025, the company is expected to employ up to 2,000 staff.
Dr. Holger Klein, Member of Board of Management, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, said, “Agreement to deepen our partnership with a Chinese company and establish a new joint venture to dedicate in the production contract for electric motors, is one of our solid steps in realizing our commitment to invest in China, and our determination to make ZF a significant contributor in the electrification and sustainable mobility in this market. By having a joint venture with a successful Chinese company，we are transforming our company towards a more agile organization, to serve the local market from the region without time delay in decision making process.“
"We are certain that new energy vehicles will take a very large share in the future market, and this will bring unprecedented development opportunities for both of us. The joint venture company with ZF will be the first step, aiming to provide motors and their components for ZF and the general market. We hope that this joint venture will become a global leader in new energy automotive motors,” says Jian Cheng Chen, Chairman of Wolong Electric.
Since January 2016, ZF has bundled its electromobility activities in the E-Mobility Division headquartered in Schweinfurt, Germany. More than 9,000 employees work in this division, spread across various locations around the world.
- ZF Opens First Plant in Vietnam 2019-11-13
- ZF Posts Half-Year Financial Results: Reacts to Difficult Market Environment 2019-08-05
- WABCO Shareholders Approve ZF Friedrichshafen Acquisition 2019-07-02
- ZF and Foton Open Joint Transmission Plant in China, Advancing Automation for CV 2019-04-19
- Emission-Free in China: ZF Presents New Electric Central Drive for CVs 2019-04-17
- AI-capable Supercomputer ZF ProAI: Maximum Computing Power and Flexibility 2019-01-14
- ZF to Invest €800 Million in Its Saarbruecken, Germany Plant 2018-12-13
- IAA 2018: ZF Makes Logistics Cleaner and More Autonomous 2018-09-20
- ZF: China Commercial Vehicle Has Huge Market Potential 2018-08-01
- ZF Prepares Electric, Autonomous Truck Takeover 2018-07-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation
- JAC and Huawei Signed a Comprehensive Cooperation Framework Agreement
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Attends 2019 China Int'l Heavy-duty Truck Fair
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery
- China's Heavy-duty Truck Sales Continue to Climb in November
- XCMG Signed a Strategic Cooperation Agreement with China Unicom on 5G
- Heavy-duty Trucks Sales Expected to Exceed One Million Units Annually
- FAW Jiefang’s New Production Base Starts Construction in Liuzhou
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October
- Sales of Pickups in Beijing Soared by 539% from January to September
- DFAC Jan-Oct Sales Reached 130,000 Units
- China Oct Heavy Truck Sales Reached 90,000 Units
- China Sold 302,000 Units Trucks in September
- Foton Sold 1,809 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in September