VW Offers $2.9bn for Control of US Truckmaker Navistar
Volkswagen AG’s (VOWG_p.DE) Traton (8TRA.DE) commercial truck unit said on Thursday it had offered $35 a share, or $2.9 billion, for the shares of U.S. truck maker Navistar International (NAV.N) that it does not already own, and investors bet the bid will go higher.
Navistar shares shot up by 50% to just over $36 a share in after-hours trading following Traton’s proposal, suggesting investors expect a potential deal could be richer than Traton’s opening offer. Traton said its offer was subject to Navistar and Traton reaching a merger agreement.
Truck makers across the globe are struggling to stem the costs of developing next generation powertrains during an industry downturn, a step which is forcing the truck makers to seek new alliances to share costs. Navistar and VW in 2017 said they would collaborate on electric truck development.
- VW and Ford Launch Global Alliance to Build Medium-duty Trucks and Vans 2019-01-24
- JAC and VW's Seat Join Forces to Develop EV Platform in China 2018-11-30
- IAA 2018: VW Unveils Hydrogen-powered Crafter HyMotion Van Concept 2018-09-27
- VW's Traton Announces JV for Electrified Trucks with Hino 2018-09-25
- VW Truck & Bus Enters Cooperation with Hino Motors 2018-04-18
- VW Partners with JAC to Form Light Commercial Vehicles JV 2017-11-30
- VW Wants to Fill the Roads with Electric Trucks and Buses 2017-10-20
- VW Teams Up with Navistar to Introduce Medium-Duty Electric Truck in 2019 2017-09-30
- VW Truck and Bus Expect Profit Up to Strong Sales in China and Europe 2017-03-24
- 317,000 VW commercial vehicles sold Jan to July 2012-08-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- 200 Tons Vegetables Donated by Weichai Transported to Wuhan by CNHTC Truck Fleet
- SHACMAN Produces 3,000 Goggles Daily to Support Hubei Province
- XCMG Equipment Support the Construction of Wuhan "Xiaotangshan" Hospital
- VW Offers $2.9bn for Control of US Truckmaker Navistar
- Tesla Semi to Enter First Production in Second Half of 2020
- 500 Million RMB Worth Materials Donated by Automakers to Epidemic-stricken Area
- Notice of Office Closure During Chinese New Year Holiday
- XCMG Excels in the Smart Manufacturing Era
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market
- The Third China Heavy-duty Truck Bo’ao Forum Held in Hainan
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton Sold 25,106 Units Light Trucks in January
- Dongfeng Sold 186,039 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- China Sold 116,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019 Grew by 2.3%
- China Sold 1.17 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October