SHACMAN Partners with Israeli Company on Self-Driving Trucks
Innoviz Technologies, a leading provider of high-performance, solid-state LiDAR sensors and perception software, today announced cooperation with Shaanxi Heavy Duty Automobile Co. in Xi'an, China to deploy autonomous trucks for an upcoming project in one of the biggest ports in China.
Shaanxi Heavy Duty Automobile Co. Ltd., better known as Shacman Trucks outside China, is one of the largest truck manufacturers in China. Shaanxi consists of four truck companies, delivering over 150,000 new trucks worldwide each year, including 10,000 trucks per year for the mining sector. The company is also one of the leaders in China in the field of autonomous driving research and development.
At the first stage of the project, InnovizPro LiDAR is being utilized in Shaanxi Truck's autonomous proof of concept project at the Chinese port, with Shaanxi's ultimate goal being the deployment of up to 600 trucks at this site. The Innoviz LiDAR used in this proof of concept project provides sensing, mapping and location functions for autonomous driving at speeds of under 30 kilometers per hour in the harbor area. The LiDAR is used to create detailed maps, as well as provide software to compare the point cloud image created by the LiDAR in real time to the location provided via preloaded maps generated by LiDAR. This includes real-time identification of "free space" or "drivable space", as well as object detection.
One major task for the trucks is to enable autonomous loading and unloading of containers in the port area. After testing many potential LiDAR solutions, Shaanxi Trucks chose InnovizPro, a first-of-its-kind solid-state LiDAR sensor, due to the solution's reliability and price/performance advantages. Integration of location sensors such as retroreflectors is also possible in these geofenced areas, enhancing the ability of the LiDAR to fully understand its surroundings.
Chinese legislation stipulates that by May 2020, all trucks are required to have at least two Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS): a mandatory camera and either a radar or LiDAR system.
"I have been introducing excellent Israeli technologies to Chinese OEMs for many years, and I am very excited about the future of Innoviz's LiDAR at Shaanxi Trucks and other Chinese OEMs," said Mr. Shen Yong, Director of Xiamen Zhongxinyun Intelligent Co., the system integrator for this project, which is responsible for the sensor fusion.
"Innoviz sees tremendous opportunity in extending autonomous technology to the trucking sector," said Omer Keilaf, CEO and co-founder of Innoviz. "We are therefore looking forward to the work ahead for this project with Shaanxi Trucks."
- SHACMAN Takes Multiple Measures to Ensure Production Resume 2020-02-18
- SHACMAN Produces 3,000 Goggles Daily to Support Hubei Province 2020-02-12
- SHACMAN 500HP 6x4 Xuandeyi3 Self-dump Truck Makes its Debut 2020-02-11
- SHACMAN Trucks Arrive in Malaysia for Operation 2020-01-31
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019 Grew by 2.3% 2020-01-17
- China First Test License for Self-driving Truck Was Issued to SHACMAN X600 2020-01-10
- SHACMAN Industrial Park Starts Operation 2020-01-02
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop BYD Brand 2019-12-25
- SHACMAN Heavy-duty Trucks in Smooth Operation in Malaysia 2019-12-24
- China Major Commercial Vehicle Players Set Ambitious Targets in 2020 2019-12-18
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- SHACMAN Partners with Israeli Company on Self-Driving Trucks
- Sinotruk HOWO TX Series Trucks Make Their Debut
- Foton Distributor in Colombia Sends 1,500 Facemasks to Support China
- SHACMAN Takes Multiple Measures to Ensure Production Resume
- 200 Tons Vegetables Donated by Weichai Transported to Wuhan by CNHTC Truck Fleet
- SHACMAN Produces 3,000 Goggles Daily to Support Hubei Province
- XCMG Equipment Support the Construction of Wuhan "Xiaotangshan" Hospital
- VW Offers $2.9bn for Control of US Truckmaker Navistar
- Tesla Semi to Enter First Production in Second Half of 2020
- 500 Million RMB Worth Materials Donated by Automakers to Epidemic-stricken Area
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton Sold 25,106 Units Light Trucks in January
- Dongfeng Sold 186,039 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- China Sold 116,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019 Grew by 2.3%
- China Sold 1.17 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- Heavy Truck Sales in China Hit New Annual High in 2019
- China Sold 518,700 Units Tractors in November
- China Sold 102,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Medium and Heavy Truck Sales Reached 17,456 Units in November
- China Sold 357,000 Units Commercial Vehicles in October