SHACMAN Partners with Israeli Company on Self-Driving Trucks
Innoviz Technologies, a leading provider of high-performance, solid-state LiDAR sensors and perception software, today announced cooperation with Shaanxi Heavy Duty Automobile Co. in Xi'an, China to deploy autonomous trucks for an upcoming project in one of the biggest ports in China.
Shaanxi Heavy Duty Automobile Co. Ltd., better known as Shacman Trucks outside China, is one of the largest truck manufacturers in China. Shaanxi consists of four truck companies, delivering over 150,000 new trucks worldwide each year, including 10,000 trucks per year for the mining sector. The company is also one of the leaders in China in the field of autonomous driving research and development.
At the first stage of the project, InnovizPro LiDAR is being utilized in Shaanxi Truck's autonomous proof of concept project at the Chinese port, with Shaanxi's ultimate goal being the deployment of up to 600 trucks at this site. The Innoviz LiDAR used in this proof of concept project provides sensing, mapping and location functions for autonomous driving at speeds of under 30 kilometers per hour in the harbor area. The LiDAR is used to create detailed maps, as well as provide software to compare the point cloud image created by the LiDAR in real time to the location provided via preloaded maps generated by LiDAR. This includes real-time identification of "free space" or "drivable space", as well as object detection.
One major task for the trucks is to enable autonomous loading and unloading of containers in the port area. After testing many potential LiDAR solutions, Shaanxi Trucks chose InnovizPro, a first-of-its-kind solid-state LiDAR sensor, due to the solution's reliability and price/performance advantages. Integration of location sensors such as retroreflectors is also possible in these geofenced areas, enhancing the ability of the LiDAR to fully understand its surroundings.
Chinese legislation stipulates that by May 2020, all trucks are required to have at least two Advanced Driving Assistance Systems (ADAS): a mandatory camera and either a radar or LiDAR system.
"I have been introducing excellent Israeli technologies to Chinese OEMs for many years, and I am very excited about the future of Innoviz's LiDAR at Shaanxi Trucks and other Chinese OEMs," said Mr. Shen Yong, Director of Xiamen Zhongxinyun Intelligent Co., the system integrator for this project, which is responsible for the sensor fusion.
"Innoviz sees tremendous opportunity in extending autonomous technology to the trucking sector," said Omer Keilaf, CEO and co-founder of Innoviz. "We are therefore looking forward to the work ahead for this project with Shaanxi Trucks."
- SHACMAN Set to Rise in Popularity in ASEAN Countries 2020-07-08
- Shacman Made Its Entry into Mexico’s Commercial Vehicle Market 2020-07-07
- SHACMAN-ZPMC South Africa Durban Specialized Tractor Delivery Ceremony Was Held 2020-07-04
- SHACMAN Nigeria Introduces Fire Trucks to Its Range of Products 2020-06-22
- SHACMAN Signed Cooperation Agreement With West China Cement 2020-06-04
- President Xi jinping Inspects Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group 2020-04-24
- ABC Transport in Nigeria Added 10 New Units of SHACMAN Trucks for Cargo Service 2020-04-24
- See the Lifeblood of the Country: SHACMAN Reopening of Bussiness Be a Hot Topic 2020-04-24
- SHACMAN Pulls Through in Jamaica 2020-03-16
- SHACMAN SHOWCASE was Held in Jamaica 2020-03-10
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1