BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador
On March 6, BYD was proud to announce the recent signing of a deal to bring the first fleet of electric trucks to Ecuador. On February 21, representatives from heavy-duty transport company Transcarsell and BYD Ecuador signed a contract for the acquisition of 20 electric trucks capable of transporting large multimodal containers. The first truck will be delivered in August 2020, and the rest in 2021.
The heavy-duty pure electric truck is equipped with world-leading lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries that have a lifespan of 15 years and a range of 150 kilometers on a single charge, complementing the truck's integrated drive shaft and a unique control system developed by BYD. The electrohydraulic power system greatly facilitates steering and gives them a load capacity of 31.5 tons.
The truck has the advantage of operating quietly, with zero emissions and low operating costs, which greatly improve the driving experience compared to traditional fuel trucks. In addition, it comes equipped with a reliable cruise control system.
"With the arrival of these trucks to Ecuador, we are stepping up our efforts to assist the country in its transition to electric mobility and a greener future,” said Jorge Burbano, Country Manager of BYD Ecuador.
“I am interested in continuing to grow with my company, while also reflecting my commitment to the country, our workers and our customers,” said Lenin Garzon, General Manager of Transcarsell after signing the document. “I want my company to be the first of its kind to use trucks that will not only allow me to save, but also help reduce the carbon emissions in our sector.”
With its variety of pure electric truck products, BYD upholds its position as a world pioneer in eco-efficient solutions for different industries, especially in automotive and renewable energy.
In February 2019, BYD brought the first fleet of 20 pure electric buses to Ecuador, which were officially received in a ceremony led by the country's Vice President, Otto Sonnenholzner. In the southern city of Loja, a fleet of 37 electric taxis has operated since 2017. These previous orders, along with the soon-to-arrive fleet of 20 electric trucks, put Ecuador at the forefront of Latin America's rapid push for transport electrification.
At present, BYD's Latin American market is rapidly expanding, and its pure electric buses, taxis and trucks are successfully servicing markets in many countries across the region, including Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Peru and Uruguay. Globally, BYD's pure vehicles have spread to over 300 cities, in more than 50 countries and regions.
- Auto Giants in Guangdong to Ramp up Mask Production 2020-02-10
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop BYD Brand 2020-02-01
- BYD Delivers 100th Battery-Electric Truck in the United States 2020-01-15
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha 2020-01-06
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery 2019-12-13
- BYD Delivers 9 Electric Waste Trucks to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 2019-10-09
- BYD Opens First Plant in Canada 2019-06-26
- BYD Opens Service Center in Northern California 2019-04-24
- Popular Construction Vehicles Recommended for 2019 2019-03-07
- BYD Breaks Ground on New 20 GWh Battery Cell Plant in Chongqing, China 2019-02-26
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- XCMG 2019 Highlight Moments: Top 10
- 2020 JAC Russian Dealers' Annual Meeting was Successfully Held
- Foton Attends Pakistan Auto Show 2020 in Lahore
- SHACMAN Partners with Israeli Company on Self-Driving Trucks
- Sinotruk HOWO TX Series Trucks Make Their Debut
- Foton Distributor in Colombia Sends 1,500 Facemasks to Support China
- SHACMAN Takes Multiple Measures to Ensure Production Resume
- 200 Tons Vegetables Donated by Weichai Transported to Wuhan by CNHTC Truck Fleet
- SHACMAN Produces 3,000 Goggles Daily to Support Hubei Province
- XCMG Equipment Support the Construction of Wuhan "Xiaotangshan" Hospital
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- CAMC Sold 1216 Units of Heavy-and-Medium Trucks in First Two Months of 2020
- Jiefang Released January Numbers: Produced 18,010 Vehicles and 15,831 Engines
- Foton Ranks First among the Top Ten Light Truck Players
- China Saw 51 Percent Increase in Tractors in January
- China’s Diesel Engine Sales Decline in January
- JMC Sold 5083 Light Trucks in January
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Sales in January 2020
- Foton Sold 25,106 Units Light Trucks in January
- Dongfeng Sold 186,039 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in 2019
- China Sold 116,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January