BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador
On March 6, BYD was proud to announce the recent signing of a deal to bring the first fleet of electric trucks to Ecuador. On February 21, representatives from heavy-duty transport company Transcarsell and BYD Ecuador signed a contract for the acquisition of 20 electric trucks capable of transporting large multimodal containers. The first truck will be delivered in August 2020, and the rest in 2021.
The heavy-duty pure electric truck is equipped with world-leading lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries that have a lifespan of 15 years and a range of 150 kilometers on a single charge, complementing the truck's integrated drive shaft and a unique control system developed by BYD. The electrohydraulic power system greatly facilitates steering and gives them a load capacity of 31.5 tons.
The truck has the advantage of operating quietly, with zero emissions and low operating costs, which greatly improve the driving experience compared to traditional fuel trucks. In addition, it comes equipped with a reliable cruise control system.
"With the arrival of these trucks to Ecuador, we are stepping up our efforts to assist the country in its transition to electric mobility and a greener future,” said Jorge Burbano, Country Manager of BYD Ecuador.
“I am interested in continuing to grow with my company, while also reflecting my commitment to the country, our workers and our customers,” said Lenin Garzon, General Manager of Transcarsell after signing the document. “I want my company to be the first of its kind to use trucks that will not only allow me to save, but also help reduce the carbon emissions in our sector.”
With its variety of pure electric truck products, BYD upholds its position as a world pioneer in eco-efficient solutions for different industries, especially in automotive and renewable energy.
In February 2019, BYD brought the first fleet of 20 pure electric buses to Ecuador, which were officially received in a ceremony led by the country's Vice President, Otto Sonnenholzner. In the southern city of Loja, a fleet of 37 electric taxis has operated since 2017. These previous orders, along with the soon-to-arrive fleet of 20 electric trucks, put Ecuador at the forefront of Latin America's rapid push for transport electrification.
At present, BYD's Latin American market is rapidly expanding, and its pure electric buses, taxis and trucks are successfully servicing markets in many countries across the region, including Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Peru and Uruguay. Globally, BYD's pure vehicles have spread to over 300 cities, in more than 50 countries and regions.
- Anheuser-Busch Announces BYD the Winner for Its “Supplier of the Year” Award 2020-12-16
- DHL Adds More BYD Electric Trucks to Its Fleet in U.S. 2020-11-26
- BYD to Introduce First Battery-electric Refuse Truck to Maryland 2020-11-20
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- BYD Rolls Off First New Energy SPV From Its Plant in Huai'an 2020-07-08
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle 2020-04-24
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture 2020-04-03
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019 2020-04-01
- Auto Giants in Guangdong to Ramp up Mask Production 2020-02-10
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop Electric Trucks 2020-02-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
- China's First Vaccination Vehicle to Hit the Streets in April
- SANY Day 2021: A Time to Honor Outstanding Contributions
- TGX Individual Lion S: The Alpha Lion Picks up the Pace
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies
- XCMG Named as One of the World's 500 Most Influential Brands
- Guangdong Fuwa Engineering Group Co., Ltd.
- FAW Group Be Reportedly in Talks to Buy a Majority Share of IVECO
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April
- China Sold 38,800 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in April
- China Sold 198,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in April
- FOTON's Export Volume Surpassed 5000 Units in April, Up 131% YoY
- China’s Sales Volume of Medium Trucks Exceeded 20,000 Units in March
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle’s Exports Jumped by 30% in Q1
- JMC Sales Jumped by 48% in March
- Foton’s Sales Volume Broke the 100,000 Unit Threshold in March
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 118,300 Units in February