BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador
On March 6, BYD was proud to announce the recent signing of a deal to bring the first fleet of electric trucks to Ecuador. On February 21, representatives from heavy-duty transport company Transcarsell and BYD Ecuador signed a contract for the acquisition of 20 electric trucks capable of transporting large multimodal containers. The first truck will be delivered in August 2020, and the rest in 2021.
The heavy-duty pure electric truck is equipped with world-leading lithium iron phosphate (LFP) batteries that have a lifespan of 15 years and a range of 150 kilometers on a single charge, complementing the truck's integrated drive shaft and a unique control system developed by BYD. The electrohydraulic power system greatly facilitates steering and gives them a load capacity of 31.5 tons.
The truck has the advantage of operating quietly, with zero emissions and low operating costs, which greatly improve the driving experience compared to traditional fuel trucks. In addition, it comes equipped with a reliable cruise control system.
"With the arrival of these trucks to Ecuador, we are stepping up our efforts to assist the country in its transition to electric mobility and a greener future,” said Jorge Burbano, Country Manager of BYD Ecuador.
“I am interested in continuing to grow with my company, while also reflecting my commitment to the country, our workers and our customers,” said Lenin Garzon, General Manager of Transcarsell after signing the document. “I want my company to be the first of its kind to use trucks that will not only allow me to save, but also help reduce the carbon emissions in our sector.”
With its variety of pure electric truck products, BYD upholds its position as a world pioneer in eco-efficient solutions for different industries, especially in automotive and renewable energy.
In February 2019, BYD brought the first fleet of 20 pure electric buses to Ecuador, which were officially received in a ceremony led by the country's Vice President, Otto Sonnenholzner. In the southern city of Loja, a fleet of 37 electric taxis has operated since 2017. These previous orders, along with the soon-to-arrive fleet of 20 electric trucks, put Ecuador at the forefront of Latin America's rapid push for transport electrification.
At present, BYD's Latin American market is rapidly expanding, and its pure electric buses, taxis and trucks are successfully servicing markets in many countries across the region, including Chile, Brazil, Colombia, Argentina, Peru and Uruguay. Globally, BYD's pure vehicles have spread to over 300 cities, in more than 50 countries and regions.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- BYD Rolls Off First New Energy SPV From Its Plant in Huai'an 2020-07-08
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle 2020-04-24
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture 2020-04-03
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019 2020-04-01
- Auto Giants in Guangdong to Ramp up Mask Production 2020-02-10
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop Electric Trucks 2020-02-01
- BYD Delivers 100th Battery-Electric Truck in the United States 2020-01-15
- BYD Rolls Off Its New Energy Sanitation Vehicles in Changsha 2020-01-06
- BYD, Anheuser-busch and Nikola Completes First Zero-emission Beer Delivery 2019-12-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1