Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19
Scania plans to stop operations at most of its European production units on Wednesday next week (25 March) due to component shortages and the major disruptions that have occurred in the supplier and logistics chain as a result of the spread of COVID-19 in Europe.
“To ensure our customers’ vitally important transports for society, our service workshops and parts centres will continue their operations,” says Scania’s President and CEO Henrik Henriksson.
At present, Scania expects to resume production within two weeks. Scania staff directly affected by the planned production shutdown are employees at the group’s plants in Sweden, the Netherlands and France.
Scania is in close dialogue with the union representatives in order to jointly address the situation.
“The management and employee representatives both highly appreciate the state support measures that are now being made available in the countries where our staff now temporarily will lack work,” says Henriksson.
Scania’s industrial operations in Latin America, which account for about one-fifth of the company’s production volume, will still continue as planned.
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
- Scania Unveiled an Entire Range of New Trucks in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania Opens a New Factory in Thailand 2019-02-28
- Scania’s New Truck Generation Officially Launched in UAE 2018-11-02
- Scania Delivers Its XT P 370 6×6 Tanker to Fight Forest Fires in Sweden 2018-10-29
- IAA 2018: Scania to Present New Plug-in Hybrid Truck 2018-09-17
- IAA 2018: Scania Announced No Diesel-Powered Vehicles on Show 2018-09-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Stick Together Fight Hard, Dongfeng Says
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19
- 21 Industrial Parks of SANY Resume Production
- SHACMAN Pulls Through in Jamaica
- XCMG 2019 Highlight Moments: Top 10
- 2020 JAC Russian Dealers' Annual Meeting was Successfully Held
- Foton Attends Pakistan Auto Show 2020 in Lahore
- SHACMAN Partners with Israeli Company on Self-Driving Trucks
- Sinotruk HOWO TX Series Trucks Make Their Debut
- Foton Distributor in Colombia Sends 1,500 Facemasks to Support China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February
- JAC Heavy-duty Trucks Sales in February Totaled 1415 Units
- Dongfeng Sold 1347 Light Trucks in February
- CAMC Sold 1216 Units of Heavy-and-Medium Trucks in First Two Months of 2020
- Jiefang Released January Numbers: Produced 18,010 Vehicles and 15,831 Engines
- Foton Ranks First among the Top Ten Light Truck Players
- China Saw 51 Percent Increase in Tractors in January
- China’s Diesel Engine Sales Decline in January
- JMC Sold 5083 Light Trucks in January
- Top Ten Sales in Heavy-duty Truck Sales in January 2020