Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award
Allison Transmission’s 3414 RHS is the perfect example of how customer and market needs drive the innovation of Allison products. Designed in response to customer demand, the 3414 RHS is now winning accolades from industry professionals. Heavy Duty Trucking magazine recognized the Allison 3414 RHS by naming it a Top 20 Product Winner for 2020, recognizing the transmission for its innovation as the lightest, most durable, and most productive new transmission in its class.
The award “highlights the most innovative, significant and useful product announcements from last year,” according to Heavy Duty Trucking. Chosen by the editorial advisory board of the publication, they also look at products with potential benefit to a company’s bottom line. Viewed as the industry benchmark for city delivery tractors, the 3414 RHS checked all the boxes to meet the award’s criteria.
Based on insights gathered from OEMs and end users, there was a need for the proven reliability, performance and maneuverability of an Allison fully automatic 3000 Series transmission, but with increased ratings capability. The lightest transmission in this segment, the 3414 RHS has ratings up to 410 horsepower and 1450 lb-ft. of torque. This increased power supports a growing trend for fleets to utilize their trucks in mixed duty cycles, often in city delivery routes on one shift and regional haul transport routes during a second shift. The 3414 RHS will provide fleets with 25% faster acceleration 0-20 miles per hour, as compared to competitive automated manual transmissions (AMTs). By leveraging Allison’s xFE technology, which incorporates an internal gear scheme optimized for fuel efficiency, as well as Allison’s FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive® shifting technology, the 3414 RHS will deliver up to 8% fuel economy improvement.
The 3414 RHS is a drop-in solution for any chassis with a current Allison 3000 Series option— with the same form, fit, function and connections. The 3414 RHS will be the lightest transmission in this segment. In fact, the 3414 RHS is 11% lighter than the next lightest competitive transmission in the segment. The 3414 RHS includes Allison’s industry-leading warranty of five years, 750,000 miles, including towing, with no exclusions on individual components. With no clutches to replace, fleets will be free of unplanned downtime due to costly clutch replacements.
“Allison is thrilled to bring this product to market, and we are equally honored that leaders in the industry have recognized the 3414 RHS for this award,” said Branden Harbin, Managing Director of Global Marketing at Allison Transmission. “We’re confident this product will deliver News Release everything our customers have been asking for: increased ratings capability, improved drivability, industry-leading warranty coverage, compatibility with diesel and natural gas engines and improved fuel economy – all while maintaining the lightest weight in the segment with the proven performance and durability of an Allison.”
The 3414 RHS will be available in the Freightliner M2 112 and Cascadia in the second half of 2020, with additional OEM releases planned in 2020.
- ISUZU's New Gasoline-powered Class 5 Truck Features Allison Transmission 2020-08-03
- Munck Truck Receives Allison Transmission for Greater Mobility and Safety 2020-05-14
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1