Allison 3414 Regional Haul Series™ Transmission Earns Key Industry Award
Allison Transmission’s 3414 RHS is the perfect example of how customer and market needs drive the innovation of Allison products. Designed in response to customer demand, the 3414 RHS is now winning accolades from industry professionals. Heavy Duty Trucking magazine recognized the Allison 3414 RHS by naming it a Top 20 Product Winner for 2020, recognizing the transmission for its innovation as the lightest, most durable, and most productive new transmission in its class.
The award “highlights the most innovative, significant and useful product announcements from last year,” according to Heavy Duty Trucking. Chosen by the editorial advisory board of the publication, they also look at products with potential benefit to a company’s bottom line. Viewed as the industry benchmark for city delivery tractors, the 3414 RHS checked all the boxes to meet the award’s criteria.
Based on insights gathered from OEMs and end users, there was a need for the proven reliability, performance and maneuverability of an Allison fully automatic 3000 Series transmission, but with increased ratings capability. The lightest transmission in this segment, the 3414 RHS has ratings up to 410 horsepower and 1450 lb-ft. of torque. This increased power supports a growing trend for fleets to utilize their trucks in mixed duty cycles, often in city delivery routes on one shift and regional haul transport routes during a second shift. The 3414 RHS will provide fleets with 25% faster acceleration 0-20 miles per hour, as compared to competitive automated manual transmissions (AMTs). By leveraging Allison’s xFE technology, which incorporates an internal gear scheme optimized for fuel efficiency, as well as Allison’s FuelSense® 2.0 with DynActive® shifting technology, the 3414 RHS will deliver up to 8% fuel economy improvement.
The 3414 RHS is a drop-in solution for any chassis with a current Allison 3000 Series option— with the same form, fit, function and connections. The 3414 RHS will be the lightest transmission in this segment. In fact, the 3414 RHS is 11% lighter than the next lightest competitive transmission in the segment. The 3414 RHS includes Allison’s industry-leading warranty of five years, 750,000 miles, including towing, with no exclusions on individual components. With no clutches to replace, fleets will be free of unplanned downtime due to costly clutch replacements.
“Allison is thrilled to bring this product to market, and we are equally honored that leaders in the industry have recognized the 3414 RHS for this award,” said Branden Harbin, Managing Director of Global Marketing at Allison Transmission. “We’re confident this product will deliver News Release everything our customers have been asking for: increased ratings capability, improved drivability, industry-leading warranty coverage, compatibility with diesel and natural gas engines and improved fuel economy – all while maintaining the lightest weight in the segment with the proven performance and durability of an Allison.”
The 3414 RHS will be available in the Freightliner M2 112 and Cascadia in the second half of 2020, with additional OEM releases planned in 2020.
- Allison Transmission Cements Its Position with Hanson Cement 2020-03-27
- Yangcheon Environment Chooses Allison Transmission for Refuse Trucks 2019-12-19
- Allison Launches New Transmission and Partnership with Freightliner at NACV 2019-10-30
- Allison Automatics Account for 65% of Medium-Duty Hino Truck Sales in Austrilia 2019-10-25
- Allison Acquires Walker Die Casting 2019-09-10
- Bell Exclusively Selects Allison Transmissions for Its Articulated Dump Trucks 2019-09-02
- Refuse Trucks Equipped with Allison Transmissions Clean up After a Crisis 2019-08-21
- Allison Automatics deliver on every measure for Australia Post 2019-08-19
- Triel-HT Uses Allison Fully Automatic Transmissions in Airport Fire Trucks 2019-08-16
- Allison Offers E-axle Solution for Evaluation on Powerful Electric Class 8 Truck 2019-06-27
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Coronavirus Pandemic: MAN Resumes Bus and Truck Production
- President Xi jinping Inspects Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
- See the Lifeblood of the Country: SHACMAN Reopening of Bussiness Be a Hot Topic
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health
- XCMG Purchased 4M Masks and 700,000 Sets of Surgical Gowns for Vale of Brazil
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China
- ZOOMLION Goes Through the Hard Time Hands in Hands with Overseas Partners
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Dongfeng Sold 32,544 Units Trucks in Q1
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold
- 113,000 Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in March
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February
- JAC Heavy-duty Trucks Sales in February Totaled 1415 Units
- Dongfeng Sold 1347 Light Trucks in February
- CAMC Sold 1216 Units of Heavy-and-Medium Trucks in First Two Months of 2020