Dongfeng 5G + Autonomous Driving Container Trucks Go Into Trial Operation
On May 11, Dongfeng held an online press conference promoting its “5G + Autonomous Driving Container Truck”. Also at the conference, it officially released Autonomous Driving Container Truck Standards, 5G Intelligent Port All Scenario Whitebook and 5G Intelligent Port Implementation Plan & Blueprint. Upon the release of these documents, Wang Qiang, General Manager of Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as Dongfeng) says they represent a huge step forward for the commercial application of autonomous driving vehicles.
On the same day, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck passed an all-scenario operation test at Xiamen Port, marking a brand new era for the vehicle’s trial operation at the port. By taking full advantage of 5G technologies, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is set to bringing new transformations to modern ports and promoting their high-quality and sustainable development.
Making its debut, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is equipped with an electricity-powered chassis, a duel-motor direct drive, a duel-direction steering system, a high-precision positioning system, a laser radar system, complex sensors and other state-of-art technologies. Without a driver’s cockpit, the truck is able to perform such highly sophisticated tasks as actively sensing the operation environment, self-positioning, autonomous control, remote control, and distance communications.
According to Dongfeng, its 5G + autonomous driving container trucks will soon be widely used at many ports, helping them cut their costs and improve their overall work efficiency. In addition, they will play an essential role in building more environmentally friendly and highly automated ports across the world.
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021 2020-05-06
- Dongfeng to Bring Seven Popular Vehicles on Display at 2017 CCVS 2017-11-03
- Global Natural Gas Commercial Vehicles Market 2017 – Dongfeng, Foton 2017-03-21
- SINOTRUK Handover the Second Batch of Electric Autonomous Trucks to Tianjin Port 2020-08-20
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China 2018-06-14
- Suning Completes Testing of China’s First Autonomous Logistic Heavy Truck 2018-05-31
- JMC Debuts Autonomous Driving Delivery Vehicle at WIC 2018-05-21
- Foton Motor Won China's First Autonomous Driving Road Test License for CVs 2018-04-26
- G7 Announce a JV with GLP and NIO Capital to Develop Autonomous Truck 2018-04-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1