Dongfeng 5G + Autonomous Driving Container Trucks Go Into Trial Operation
On May 11, Dongfeng held an online press conference promoting its “5G + Autonomous Driving Container Truck”. Also at the conference, it officially released Autonomous Driving Container Truck Standards, 5G Intelligent Port All Scenario Whitebook and 5G Intelligent Port Implementation Plan & Blueprint. Upon the release of these documents, Wang Qiang, General Manager of Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Co., Ltd. (hereafter referred to as Dongfeng) says they represent a huge step forward for the commercial application of autonomous driving vehicles.
On the same day, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck passed an all-scenario operation test at Xiamen Port, marking a brand new era for the vehicle’s trial operation at the port. By taking full advantage of 5G technologies, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is set to bringing new transformations to modern ports and promoting their high-quality and sustainable development.
Making its debut, Dongfeng 5G + autonomous driving container truck is equipped with an electricity-powered chassis, a duel-motor direct drive, a duel-direction steering system, a high-precision positioning system, a laser radar system, complex sensors and other state-of-art technologies. Without a driver’s cockpit, the truck is able to perform such highly sophisticated tasks as actively sensing the operation environment, self-positioning, autonomous control, remote control, and distance communications.
According to Dongfeng, its 5G + autonomous driving container trucks will soon be widely used at many ports, helping them cut their costs and improve their overall work efficiency. In addition, they will play an essential role in building more environmentally friendly and highly automated ports across the world.
- Dongfeng to Bring Seven Popular Vehicles on Display at 2017 CCVS 2017-11-03
- Global Natural Gas Commercial Vehicles Market 2017 – Dongfeng, Foton 2017-03-21
- Autonomous Trucking Obtains Popularity in China 2018-06-14
- Suning Completes Testing of China’s First Autonomous Logistic Heavy Truck 2018-05-31
- JMC Debuts Autonomous Driving Delivery Vehicle at WIC 2018-05-21
- Foton Motor Won China's First Autonomous Driving Road Test License for CVs 2018-04-26
- G7 Announce a JV with GLP and NIO Capital to Develop Autonomous Truck 2018-04-04
- World’s First Autonomous Container Truck Starts Operation in Zhuhai Port 2018-01-25
- Autonomous Trucks to Haul Cargo in Arizona 2018-01-23
- Volvo Introduces Self-driving Garbage Truck 2017-05-19
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- IAA Commercial Vehicles 2020 Cancelled Due to COVID-19
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021
- Coronavirus Pandemic: MAN Resumes Bus and Truck Production
- President Xi jinping Inspects Shaanxi Automobile Holding Group
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle
- See the Lifeblood of the Country: SHACMAN Reopening of Bussiness Be a Hot Topic
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health
- XCMG Purchased 4M Masks and 700,000 Sets of Surgical Gowns for Vale of Brazil
- Groupe Renault Sets Its New Strategy for China
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Light Truck Sales Up 15% YoY in April
- Foton Sold 19,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks and 43,000 Units Light Trucks in April
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Hit 180,000 Units in April
- Dongfeng Sold 32,544 Units Trucks in Q1
- Foton Tops the List of Light Truck Sales in March
- Top Ten Sales Ranking for Tractors in March
- Foton Released March Numbers: 12,000 Heavy Trucks and 43,000 Light Trucks Sold
- 113,000 Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in March
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February