JAC and VW Sign Intention to Intensify Cooperation on Automobile Electrification
Volkswagen plans to acquire 50% of JAG, parent company of Volkswagen’s joint venture partner JAC, and transform JAC Volkswagen by raising Volkswagen share to 75%
Investment amount of around 1 billion Euro
Volkswagen supports Anhui province to advance to hub for electro-mobility
Dr. Herbert Diess: “Together with strong and reliable partners, Volkswagen is strengthening its electrification strategy in China, the world′s biggest market for e-mobility"
Beijing, May 29th, 2020. Today, Volkswagen has initiated an unprecedented chapter for its business and electrification strategy in China. Volkswagen plans to transform JAC Volkswagen, its joint venture for e-mobility, by strengthening its influence to the tune of around 1 billion Euro. Included in this amount is the acquisition of 50% of JAG, the parent company of Volkswagen’s partner JAC, and an increase of shares within JAC Volkswagen from 50% to 75%, thereby gaining management control.
Dr. Herbert Diess, CEO of Volkswagen AG, said: “Together with strong and reliable partners, Volkswagen is strengthening its electrification strategy in China, the world′s biggest market for e-mobility. The electric cars segment is growing rapidly and offers a great deal of potential for JAC Volkswagen. The enhanced partnership will contribute to driving our electrification activities in China further forward and achieving our target of a carbon-neutral fleet by 2050”
Mr. Anjin, CEO of JAG, said: “We are very happy to strengthen our cooperation with world-renowned automobile manufacturer Volkswagen. The automobile electrification development in China is at the forefront in terms of R&D and application. Together with Volkswagen, we will push for the market development of automobile electrification and provide greener, more environmental-friendly electrified automobile products to world consumers”
History granted Volkswagen the opportunity to take the pioneering role in China’s auto industry. The intensified cooperation today exemplifies the further opening up of the country and Volkswagen’s further commitment, as a reliable partner, to the nation. Dr. Stephan W?llenstein, CEO of Volkswagen Group China, said: “It feels great to witness these historic moments in our respectful and trusted Sino-German relations, as Volkswagen is taking a strategic role in JAG. The investment shapes the character of Volkswagen in China, making it a more localized, more sustainability-focused mobility company. By opening up the market, China is giving Volkswagen new business opportunities.”
Transformation of JAC Volkswagen through increased business control
By strengthening its position and advancing the JAC Volkswagen business, Volkswagen takes the next step in its Chinese electrification strategy. Letters of intent were co-signed by Volkswagen (China) Investment Co. Ltd. and the Anhui government, which foresee Volkswagen gaining 50% stake of JAG, the parent company of JAC, as well as raising Volkswagen’s stake from 50% to 75% within JAC Volkswagen. For the first time in automotive industry, a global OEM joins course of State-owned enterprise reform through its strategic investment into JAG, thus fostering its partnership with the country.
The parties intend to close the deal amounting to €1 billion by the end of the year, subject to customary regulatory approvals.
Founded in 2017, JAC Volkswagen’s business is purely focused on the development, production and sales of all-electric cars. The new investment will intensify the already ongoing electrification strategy. A portfolio expansion of up to 5 additional BEV models until 2025 is planned, as well as building full-scale e-model factory and finishing the R&D center in Hefei.
Transactions pave the way to China’s and Volkswagen’s sustainability goals
Together with the Chinese Government, Volkswagen Group China has been dedicated to achieving these new milestones, which as well as standing the Group in good stead for future developments, will at the same time support Anhui Province in becoming a new hub in China for electro-mobility. The production and sales of new energy vehicles in Anhui account for nearly 13% of the national market share.
Over 35 years ago, Volkswagen has helped to put China on wheels by starting to bring private mobility to the country. Its joint ventures SAIC VOLKSWAGEN and FAW-Volkswagen were founded in 1984 and 1991, which foster a friendship of mutual trust and respect. Now, the new milestone investments into e-mobility in China will help to steer Volkswagen’s and China’s second great mobility shift, towards an electric and sustainable future. Volkswagen Group China has already outlined its route to achieving this sustainable future. In 2025, around 1.5 million NEVs are planned for delivery to customers across the country. By 2050, the Group has committed itself to being net carbon neutral, both worldwide and in China. E-mobility will play the major role in reaching this goal, further supported by these new business decisions and investments.
Founded in 1964, JAC is a comprehensive automobile group, encompassing the R&D, production, sales and service of all series of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles, and power assemblies. It is dedicated to producing advanced energy-saving and new energy automobiles. Over the years JAC has been observing "sustainability, environment, safety, intelligence, connectivity, comfort" as the guiding code to its research and development on key technologies. Meanwhile, JAC has not only been systematically working on the R&D and marketing of new energy automobile products that met the latest national standard but also crafting vehicles that satisfied customers’ demands and trends of the day. Having specifically targeted new energy automobiles as its strategic core business segment, JAC plans to increase its new energy vehicles sales to more than 30% of its overall sales volume in 2025.
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth 2020-08-17
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process 2020-07-30
- VW to Increase Its Stake in JAC Joint Venture from 50% to 75% 2020-07-23
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1 2020-07-21
- 15 Units JAC Xingrui Ambulances Delivered to Bolivia for Operation 2020-07-01
- JAC Completes Delivery of 2300 Units Gallop K7 Trucks to ZTO Express 2020-06-18
- JAC Delivers More Than 300 Units Ambulances to Kazakhstan for Operation 2020-04-30
- "Safe" Becomes the Quality DNA Element of JAC from Safe+ to J-Health 2020-04-20
- Less Than 30000 Light Trucks were Sold in February 2020-03-18
- JAC Heavy-duty Trucks Sales in February Totaled 1415 Units 2020-03-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil
- Kenworth Produces Last Severe-Service K500 Cabover
- Dongfeng Starts Construction on Its New Factory in Shiyan
- LNG Truck Sales Expected to Reach 113 Thousand Units by End of 2020
- ZOOMLION Listed in China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands for 17 Consecutive Years
- ZOOMLION’s 38m Truck Mounted Pump for India Rolls off Assembly Line
- Foton Signed a Strategic Cooperation Framework Agreement with Weichai
- Foton's Brand Value Reached 168.592 Billion RMB
- JAC and VW Cooperation Process
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Chinese Heavy Truck Makers Set Higher Sales Targets for 2020
- JAC Truck Achieves 23,000 Units Sales in July, a 40.8% YoY Growth
- China’s Tractor Sales Saw Surging Growth in July
- Foton's July Truck Sales Seen Surging Growth
- China’s Heavy Truck Sales Hit New High in July
- Foton Overseas Sales Grow Against the Trend in H1, 2020
- China's Pickup Truck Output And Sales Went Up in June
- China’s Medium-size Trucks Sales Totalled 13,000 Units, Up 36.8% Year-on-Year
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1