Cummins to Form Joint Venture with NPROXX for Hydrogen Storage
Cummins Inc. (NYSE: CMI), a global technology and power solutions leader, today announced an agreement to form a joint venture with NPROXX, a leader in hydrogen storage and transportation, for hydrogen storage tanks. The joint venture will continue under the name NPROXX.
"We are thrilled to combine Cummins’ expertise, innovation and commitment to customer success with NPROXX’s leading hydrogen storage technologies," said Tom Linebarger, Chairman and CEO, Cummins Inc. "In order to move toward a decarbonized future, the world will require multiple power solutions including advanced diesel, natural gas, electrified power, fuel cells, hybrids and other solutions and Cummins is committed to leading the way and being the provider of choice. The addition of hydrogen storage to our existing capabilities in hydrogen production and fuel cells enables us to accelerate the viability and adoption of these technologies in commercial markets."
The joint venture will provide customers with hydrogen and compressed natural gas storage products for both on-highway and rail applications. The joint venture adds to Cummins rapidly growing hydrogen capabilities and is one of several actions taken in the past year to deepen the company’s capabilities in fuel cell and hydrogen production technologies.
The acquisition of Hydrogenics Corporation in September 2019, provided Cummins with both proton exchange membrane (PEM), and alkaline fuel cells electrolyzers to generate hydrogen. Cummins has also invested in LOOP Energy, signed a memo of understanding with Hyundai Motor Company and invested in the development of solid oxide fuel cells.
“Cummins has more than 2,000 fuel cell installations across a variety of on and off highway applications as well as more than 500 electrolyzer installations,” Linebarger continued. “We continue to increase our capabilities in fuel cell technologies, and this partnership with NPROXX is another step forward. We look forward to partnering closely with NPROXX’s team as we work towards closing this transaction."
"The NPROXX team is eager to work with Cummins to deliver industry-leading hydrogen storage options," said Rainer vor dem Esche, Managing Director, NPROXX. "Partnering with Cummins to provide reliable hydrogen storage options will allow our customers to unlock the potential for hydrogen."
Cummins and NPROXX will each own 50 percent of the new joint venture. The formation of the joint venture is subject to regulatory approvals and customary closing conditions. The parties expect the transaction to close by the end of the first quarter of 2021. The unconsolidated joint venture results will be included as part of Cummins’ New Power business segment.
- Cummins Names Amy Davis Vice President and President – New Power Segment 2020-06-17
- Dongfeng Cummins New Production Base: A New Model for Intelligent Manufacturing 2020-05-19
- Dongfeng Cummins Sold a Record High of 26,000 Units Engines in April，2020 2020-05-06
- 30 ISZ-powered Dongfeng KL Tractors Were Delivered to Customer 2020-05-06
- Dongfeng Cummins Produced 18,000 Units Engines from April 1 to 16 2020-04-22
- Cummins China Donated Three Million RMB to Epidemic-stricken Areas 2020-02-05
- Foton Cummins Becomes Global Beacon Factory 2020-01-14
- Cummins Powered Yutong Mining Vehicles Delivered to Pakistan for Operation 2019-12-30
- Cummins Targets Net-zero Emissions by 2050 2019-11-19
- XCMG, Cummins Partner to Create Innovative and Sustainable Industrial Platform 2019-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- California Adopts First-ever Rules on Zero-emission Trucks, Buses
- Bus & Truck Expo to be Held on Aug. 10-12, 2020
- The 127th Canton Fair Kicks Off Online
- FULONGMA Donates Anti-epidemic Materials to Shanghai International Resort
- JAC and VW Sign Intention to Intensify Cooperation on Automobile Electrification
- Jiefang New Gen J7+ Intelligent Heavy-duty Truck Makes its Debut in Suzhou
- XCMG Jumps up to Global Top Four on KHL's Yellow Table 2020
- Sany Group Donates 1 Million Masks to India, Other South Asian Countries
- IAA Commercial Vehicles 2020 Cancelled Due to COVID-19
- Dongfeng and Inceptio to Roll Off L3 Autonomous Heavy-duty Trucks by Late 2021
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Pickup Truck Sales Up 35 Percent in May
- China Sold 16,700 Units Medium Trucks in May
- CNHTC Sold Over 4,400 Units Natural Gas Powered Heavy-duty Trucks in May
- FAW Jiefang’s Sales Volume Grew by 27% from Jan. to May
- China Sold 175,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in May
- Hongyan Heavy-Duty Truck Sales Hit 10 Thousand Units in May
- 6.3 Thousand National Ⅵ Heavy-duty Trucks Were Sold in Jan-April
- Dongfeng Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 78,000 Units in April
- Jiefang Sold Over 60,000 Units Medium- and Heavy-duty Trucks in April
- Light Truck Sales Up 15% YoY in April