Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
Hyundai Motor has unveiled its goal to increase its share of the European market for hydrogen-powered trucks to 15 percent by 2030.
Earlier this month, the company shipped 10 XCIENT Fuel Cell trucks, the world's first mass-produced hydrogen-powered large trucks, to Switzerland.
"Hydrogen commercial vehicles are expected to grow mainly in the large truck sector," Hyundai Motor said in a conference call for the second quarter held on July 23. "We are targeting 12 to 15 percent of the European market for large hydrogen-powered trucks in 2030."
"In the United States, demand will expand rapidly due to stricter regulations requiring sales of eco-friendly cars by OEM makers," the carmaker said. "We plan to target California where hydrogen energy is drawing much attention."
"In the hydrogen commercial vehicle lineup, we are focusing on large trucks and tractors," Hyundai Motor said. "In the bus business, we are currently focusing on city buses but is planning to develop inter-city buses in the medium term and buses for highways in the long term."
- Hyundai Wins 2020 Truck Innovation Award 2019-12-19
- Hyundai Showcases NEPTUNE Fuel Cell Truck Concept at CIIE 2019-11-14
- Hyundai Motor Company and Cummins to Collaborate on Hydrogen Fuel Cell Tech 2019-09-29
- Sichuan Hyundai Launches New Version of Mighty Light Truck 2019-08-19
- WABCO Signs Deal with Hyundai to Supply Advanced Techs for New Medium Trucks 2018-11-12
- Hyundai Motor Cuts Truck Production to Cope with Falling Korea's Demand 2018-11-01
- IAA 2018: Hyundai Signs MoU for Rolling out Fuel Cell Electric Trucks 2018-09-21
- Hyundai Motor Agrees New Truck Partnership with Sichuan Energy in China 2018-09-06
- Hyundai Put Self-driving Truck on South Korean Highway for Test Run 2018-08-23
- Sichuan Hyundai Opens 4S Stores in Myanmar 2018-07-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hyundai Targets 15% of European Hydrogen Truck Market by 2030
- Volvo Posted Unexpected Profit in Q2
- FAW Jiefang and CIMC Lingyu Collaborate on Special Purpose Vehicles
- VW to Increase Its Stake in JAC Joint Venture from 50% to 75%
- Dongfeng Closed an Old Plant with a Capacity of 40,000 Units/yr
- Jiefang Forms R&D Joint Venture for Commercial Vehicles with Five Companies
- SANY Signs Cooperation with Tencent to Boost Digitalization
- Unmanned Driving Highlights SANY's Solution to Intelligent Mining
- XCMG Bank Brazil Opens for Business
- California Adopts First-ever Rules on Zero-emission Trucks, Buses
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Hongyan Tops the Dumper Sales List in June
- JAC Light Duty Truck Sales Exceeds 100 Thousands Units with 6% YoY Growth in H1
- China’s Tractor Sales Amounted to 85,900 Units in June
- Foton Hit a New Record High with 320,000 Vehicles Sold in H1
- China Sold 810,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in H1
- Pickup Truck Sales Up 35 Percent in May
- China Sold 16,700 Units Medium Trucks in May
- CNHTC Sold Over 4,400 Units Natural Gas Powered Heavy-duty Trucks in May
- FAW Jiefang’s Sales Volume Grew by 27% from Jan. to May
- China Sold 175,000 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in May