DHL Adds More BYD Electric Trucks to Its Fleet in U.S.
Plantation, Fla, Nov. 17, 2020: DHL, the world's leading international express services provider, is forging ahead with its emissions reduction and climate protection goals with the launch of four BYD Class 8 battery-electric trucks in the United States. DHL is piloting the trucks in the Los Angeles market, just in time for the peak holiday shipping season.
The electric trucks are manufactured by BYD Motors, and built with long-lasting and safe battery technology, capable of running all day on a single charge. Equipped with a comfortable air-ride cab and air suspension, the trucks have more than enough power and torque to operate at 82,000 lbs. combined weight. DHL plans to use the new trucks in the Los Angeles market, to aul goods to and from the DHL LAX Gateway and local service center facilities.
“The introduction of these efficient electric trucks is a huge step forward, not only toward achieving our own clean transport goals, but also California's ambitious goals on the adoption of zero-emission vehicles,” said Greg Hewitt, CEO of DHL Express U.S. “By implementing these electric trucks, we will prevent more than 300 metric tons of greenhouse gas emissions from entering the atmosphere per year, as we continue to grow and enhance our clean pick-up and delivery solutions.
The new trucks enhance the company's already robust alternative fuel vehicle (AFV) fleet in the U.S., which includes fully electric, hybrid-electric, and clean diesel – in addition to low-power electric-assist e-Cargo Cycles.
“As a global leader in logistics and express services, DHL has proved that they’re serious about their commitment to transition to zero-emission trucking,” said John Gerra, Sr. Director of Business Development at BYD Motors. “DHL is doing more than just talking about it; they’reactually putting BYD electric trucks into commercial service, today.”
In addition, DHL Express has 72 all-electric battery-powered vans on order from multiple vendors, which will support DHL pickup and delivery operations throughout California and New York.
In March 2017, Deutsche Post DHL Group, the parent company of DHL Express, registered a significant first for the logistics industry by setting an ambitious goal of reducing its logisticsrelated emissions to net zero by 2050. Climate protection and sustainability are particularly important for the future direction of Deutsche Post DHL Group's business, and a core element of its Strategy 2025.
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- BYD Rolls Off First New Energy SPV From Its Plant in Huai'an 2020-07-08
- Deutsche Post DHL Partners with ZF to Deploy Self-driving Delivery Trucks 2017-10-12
- DHL Express adds 100 propane-fuelled vehicles to US fleet 2012-07-24
- China-Vietnam cross-border trucking services opened 2009-08-24
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture
- Dongfeng Special Vehicle Starts Building New Factory
- BAIC Foton Partners with AVIC MTI for Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Development
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province
- BYD and HINO to Form a JV for Commercial Battery Electric Vehicles Development
- The 128th Edition of the Canton Fair Kicks Off Online
- FOTON NEV REPORT 2020.09
- FAW Jiefang Rolled Out New Self-driving Truck in China
- Auto China 2020 to be Held Between September 26- October 5 in Beijing
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China’s Sales Volume of Light Trucks Reached 203,400 Units in October
- China Recorded 129,000 Heavy-duty Truck Sales in Ocotber
- JAC Sold 185,025 Units Light Trucks from January to October
- Dongfeng, SHACMAN and Hongyan Ranked Top Three in Dumper Sales
- Q1 to Q3 LNG/CNG Truck Sales Surpass Whole of Last Year
- Foton Tops Light Truck Sales with 40 Thousand Units Sold in Sept.
- Tractor Sales Continue to Rise with 150,600 Units Sold in Sept.
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales Hit Record High of 136,000 Units in Sept.
- FAW Jiefang Place First with 32,500 Heavy-duty Trucks Sold in Sep., Up 54% YOY
- Hongyan Again be on the Top of the Dumper Sales in August