Anheuser-Busch Announces BYD the Winner for Its “Supplier of the Year” Award
BYD (Build Your Dreams) was named ‘Sustainable Supplier of the Year’ at Anheuser-Busch’s Eclipse Sustainability Summit.
In announcing the award, Ingrid De Ryck, Anheuser-Busch’s chief sustainability and procurement officer, said BYD showed “continued foresight into additional
applications of EV technology,” helping make the company’s logistics operations more sustainable.
Anheuser-Busch operates 25 BYD battery-electric trucks at four of their distribution facilities across California: Sylmar, Pomona, Carson, and Oakland. You can see BYD trucks hard at work for Anheuser-Busch in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaBcrUbnpv0.
“BYD sincerely thanks Anheuser-Busch for this award, but more importantly for being a truly great partner,” said Aaron Gillmore, BYD Vice President, Electric Trucks. “We all know it is not easy to shift traditional ways of thinking, and the BYD/Anheuser-Busch team has consistently met challenges of environmentally and socially sustainable transport with patience, innovation, and perseverance.”
Anheuser-Busch has committed to reducing carbon emissions across their value chain by 25% by 2025. The company created the Eclipse Award program as part of an effort to encourage sustainability and collaboration among its suppliers.
BYD’s 8TT has a gross combined weight rating of 105,000 pounds, air suspension, and CCS1 Charging up to 120kW DC. With BYD’s advanced battery chemistry, the BYD 8TT holds more than enough energy to work the entire day with zero emissions.
Before deploying the vehicles, Anheuser-Busch put the BYD 8TT through extensive testing on range, acceleration, gradeability, charging speed, and more. The truck exceeded the requirements of Anheuser-Busch and received enthusiastic feedback from drivers, clearing the path to this large-scale deployment.
- DHL Adds More BYD Electric Trucks to Its Fleet in U.S. 2020-11-26
- BYD to Introduce First Battery-electric Refuse Truck to Maryland 2020-11-20
- BYD Starts Operating Its Battery Factory in Brazil 2020-09-02
- BYD Rolls Off First New Energy SPV From Its Plant in Huai'an 2020-07-08
- BYD and Hino Sign a Deal with a Focus on Commercial Battery Electric Vehicle 2020-04-24
- BYD, Toyota Launch BYD TOYOTA EV TECHNOLOGY Joint Venture 2020-04-03
- Top 10 Best-selling Electric Heavy-duty Dumper Brands in 2019 2020-04-01
- BYD to Deliver First 20 Electric Trucks to Ecuador 2020-03-10
- Auto Giants in Guangdong to Ramp up Mask Production 2020-02-10
- SHACMAN Dealer in Mauritius Plans to Develop Electric Trucks 2020-02-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Foton Global Business Partners-Suppliers Conference Held in Xi’an
- Diplomatic Envoys from 12 Countries Visit SHACMAN
- XCMG exhibits Oriental Wisdom at Shanghai Bauma China 2020 Show
- More than 2,800 Exhibitors to Participate in Bauma CHINA
- Better World Better Sany - SANY at Bauma CHINA 2020
- Hyundai Reveals World’s First Hydrogen Fuel Cell Heavy-duty Truck at CIIE
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture
- Dongfeng Special Vehicle Starts Building New Factory
- BAIC Foton Partners with AVIC MTI for Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Development
- Great Wall Set Up Auto Plant in Jingmen, Hubei Province
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China Sold 472,300 Units Commercial Vehicles in November
- China Sold 135,600 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in November
- Dongfeng Sold 41,574 Units Chassis for Light-weight Special Vehicles
- FAW South Africa Sold 1,344 Units Trucks from January to November
- Foton Saw Sales Growth for 7 Months in a Row
- China’s Sales Volume of Light Trucks Reached 203,400 Units in October
- China Recorded 129,000 Heavy-duty Truck Sales in Ocotber
- JAC Sold 185,025 Units Light Trucks from January to October
- Dongfeng, SHACMAN and Hongyan Ranked Top Three in Dumper Sales
- Q1 to Q3 LNG/CNG Truck Sales Surpass Whole of Last Year