APUs save truckers and Wal-Mart money
Not too long ago, a truck driver either sweated or shivered behind the wheel when their truck was stopped, unless they idled their engine.
Now with tough new anti-idling laws, high fuel prices, and tight emission standards, Auxiliary Power Units (APUs) are reducing idling, while keeping truckers comfortable and saving money.
Fleetequipmentmag.com features a story on APUs and the difference they have made to both truckers and their employers.
One company mentioned in the article is Wal-mart, known for their thrifty practices to keep their supply chain efficient.
According to the article, APUs-equiped trucks saved Walmart $22 million and 10 million gallons of fuel in 16 months.
- 2014 Scania Trucker Contest Harbin Station Concludes 2014-07-16
- 10th Anniversary of Scania Trucker Contest 2014-06-11
- Foton Forland Held its 2018 Mid-term Business Conference in Harbin 2018-08-15
- Foton Motor Launched Auman EST A in Malaysia 2018-08-13
- Goiás Fire Buys Allison-equipped Mercedes-Benz Atego 1729 Units 2018-08-13
- Dayun E8 Heavy-duty Electric Truck Joins the Fight for Blue Skies 2018-08-13
- BYD T5A Electric Light Truck Passes High-temperature Tests 2018-08-13
- Dongfeng Secured Another Order for 40 Dongfeng KX from Best Express 2018-08-10
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July 2018-08-09
- SHACMAN Delivered 37 Port Tractor Trucks in Ningbo 2018-08-09
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- Next Generation of Hino 500 Series to Arrive in Australia
- Foton Motor Involved in Cave Rescue Mission in Chiang Rai, Thailand
- 60.218 Billion! XCMG Ranks the First among “China’s 500 Most Valuable Brands
- JMC Looks to Boost Aussie Dealer Network
- India’s First Lithium-ion Battery Project Set to Get Underway
- Volvo Group Upbeat on Chinese Market
- XCMG Turkey Co., Ltd. and Spare Parts Center Opened in Ankara
- XCMG E-commerce Platforms Revolutionize the Supply Chain and Industrial Ecology
- Shacman Initial Sales in Jamaica Outperform Expectations
- Volvo Pushes Forward With Electric Trucks
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- SAIC Hongyan Sold Over 40,000 Units Trucks from January to July
- Jiefang Heavy-duty Truck Sales Volume Reached 165,000 Units in H1 2018
- China's Commercial Vehicle Sales Reached 399,500 Units in June
- Truck Sales Exceeds Two Million Units in H1 2018
- JAC Hit Record High of 110,000 Units in Light-duty Truck Sales in H1,2018
- FAW Jiefang’s Medium-and Heavy-duty Truck Enjoys 20.9% YOY Growth in June
- Best-Selling Pickup Trucks in China--May 2018
- SAIC Hongyan Sold 559,800 Units Heavy-duty Trucks in January-May
- China Truck Makers Saw Strong Sales in May
- China Sold 162,414 Units Light Trucks in November