China Eyes ASEAN for Auto Assembly, Export
Chinese automobile makers have targeted ASEAN as one of its major destinations for investment and car export.
"China and ASEAN are both newly-emerged, rapidly-developing auto markets. Cooperation in auto industry between China and ASEAN will bring a win-win situation for the two sides and make their cars more competitive in the international market," said Gu Xiangdong, Deputy Secretary-General of China Association of Automobile Manufacturers.
At the on-going China-ASEAN Expo, China's over ten major auto companies, including King Long Motor Co, Ltd and Jinbei Automotive Company Ltd, Dongfeng Group, FAW-Vollcswagen Automotive Company Ltd, all set up booths and show their newly-developed cars in the exhibition halls.
The Expo secretariat told Xinhua that there is an exhibition hall as large as 120,000 square meters for the China-ASEAN Expo. 20,000 square meters were occupied by domestic auto factories.
"ASEAN countries welcome China-made auto vehicles in general," said Zhang Xiaoji, director of foreign trade department under the Development Research Center of State Council.
Taking Indonesian auto market as an example. A latest report released by the Ministry of Commerce said that Indonesia imports vehicles mostly from Japan. Now China-made sedans gain popularity gradually for more favorable price-performance ratio.
According to an inner-ASEAN agreement, from 2003 to 2009, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippine, Singapore and Vietnam exempted auto import tariff for each other. From 2010, all ASEAN countries will implement zero auto import tariff for each other.
Therefore, establishing auto factories in ASEAN countries will help Chinese auto maker share the zero tariff in ASEAN market, said Cheng Daoran, General Manager of Dongfeng Liuzhou Auto Co.ltd.
ASEAN country also needs investment from Chinese automakers to expand local employment and for more price-favorable cars, said a Germany auto expert at the ongoing China-ASEAN Expo.
"We are starting to see more Chinese investment into the ASEAN countries and we hope to see more," Philippine President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo said when she gathered with Chinese and other ASEAN leader here for a commemorative summit and the China-ASEAN Expo.
- Yuchai Brings Latest Engine Products on Display at China-ASEAN Expo 2019-10-15
- XCMG Showcase Its High-quality Products at the 16th China-ASEAN Expo 2019-10-11
- Qingling Exports 50 Heavy-duty Trucks to ASEAN for the First Time 2018-10-23
- XCMG Obtains Intention Orders of about $10 mln at Thailand INTERMAT ASEAN 2017-06-27
- Yuchai Group: a Sales Income of 31.2 Billion Yuan in First Three Quarters 2013-11-05
- Yuchai Attends ASEAN-China Expo 2013-09-09
- Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor Will Get Approval of Passenger Car Manufacturing 2013-08-23
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February 2022-04-13
- SAIC MAXUS' Overseas Sales Jumped by 129% YOY to 6940 Units in March 2022-04-12
- FOTON Pakistan Delivered 3 Express Logistics Vehicle to DHL 2022-04-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021