China Yuchai International Appoints New President
China Yuchai International Limited (NYSE: CYD) ("China Yuchai" or the "Company"), announced the appointment of Mr. Boo Guan Saw to its Board of Directors effective July 1, 2009. Mr. Saw will also be assuming the role of President from the current President, Mr. Tong Kooi Teo with effect from August 1, 2009. Mr. Teo will continue as a non-executive director of China Yuchai.
Mr. Saw is a veteran of the automotive industry with 23 years experience within the Cummins organization as well as at General Motors Corp. His most recent position was as President of Cummins Westport Inc., a joint venture between Cummins, Inc. and Westport Innovations, Inc., based in Vancouver, Canada. Cummins Westport produces heavy-duty natural gas and propane alternative engines that meet or exceed the most stringent environmental standards in North America and Europe. As President of Cummins Westport Inc. from 2005, Mr. Saw was responsible for the worldwide natural gas engine business. Under his leadership from 2005 to 2008, revenue and profit increased 32% and 65% respectively on a compounded annual growth rate.
From 1989 to 2005, Mr. Saw's responsibilities included general management and marketing and distribution management for various Cummins entities in the U.S., Singapore, Hong Kong and China. Between 1986 and 1989, Mr. Saw was a productivity analyst and production coordinator at General Motors focused on fastener quality control and process engineering in Flint, Michigan.
Mr. Saw, a Malaysian Federal Government Scholar, received a Master's degree in Public and Private Management from Yale University, U.S. in 1986 and a Bachelor of Economics (Hons) in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Malaya, Malaysia in 1979. Mr. Saw was awarded a Merit Performance Award by General Motors Corp. and the Calstart Blue Sky Merit Award at Cummins Westport as well as the Canadian American Business Achievement Award from the Canadian American Business Council.
Mr. Tong Kooi Teo said, "The Board of Directors of China Yuchai is very pleased that Boo Guan, a successful industry veteran is joining China Yuchai as President. We believe that his extensive industry knowledge and management experience will be invaluable in driving the Company forward during this difficult economic climate and we look forward to working closely with him to enhance shareholder value."
About China Yuchai International
China Yuchai International Limited, through its subsidiary, Guangxi Yuchai Machinery Company Limited ("GYMCL"), engages in the manufacture, assembly, and sale of a wide array of light-duty, medium-sized and heavy-duty diesel engines for construction equipment, trucks, buses, and cars in China. GYMCL also produces diesel power generators, which are primarily used in the construction and mining industries. Through its regional sales offices and authorized customer service centers, the Company distributes its diesel engines directly to auto OEMs and retailers and provides maintenance and retrofitting services throughout China. Founded in 1951, GYMCL has established a reputable brand name, strong research & development team and significant market share in China with high-quality products and reliable after-sales support. In 2008, GYMCL sold approximately 372,000 diesel engines and was consistently ranked No. 1 in unit sales by China Association of Automobile Manufacturers. For more information, please visit https://www.cyilimited.com
- Yuchai Engines Continue to Strengthen its Presence in Vietnam 2019-12-02
- Yuchai Exported 13L Heavy-duty Engines to Vietnam 2019-12-01
- Yuchai Subsidiary Establishes New Business Enterprise in Vietnam 2019-11-22
- Yuchai National VI Engines Achieve Its Annual Sales Target 2019-11-13
- Yuchai YC6L-powered SHACMAN Port Tractors Delivered in Shanghai 2019-11-06
- Yuchai Brings Latest Engine Products on Display at China-ASEAN Expo 2019-10-15
- Yuchai Engines Serves at the Grand Celebration for China's 70th Anniversary 2019-10-11
- The First Batch of Dump Trucks with Yuchai National VI Engines Roll Off the Line 2019-10-08
- Yuchai Ranks the 7th Place in 2019 China Top 100 Auto Parts Suppliers 2019-09-25
- Yuchai and Huawei Sign Strategic Cooperation Deal for a World-class Enterprise 2019-08-29
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April