Nissan Expects More Light-Truck Market Penetration this Year
(chinatrucks.com, Jan.20, 2010)Nissan's light-truck sales in 2009 (including Infiniti) were down 28.5 percent versus 2008, but the Japanese automaker expects more market penetration in 2010. Brian Carolin, Nissan's senior vice president of sales and marketing, says his optimism is buoyed by a strong sales finish in December 2009 and the impending arrival of new light-truck products.
According to Carolin, the December 2009 sales of two key truck models came as a surprise. The mid-sized Frontier sold 2988 units, more than double its December 2008 total, while the Pathfinder enjoyed a 49.2-percent increase with 2314 units sold. The Armada, Titan, Xterra, and entire Infiniti SUV line also made gains in the final month.
"One of the pleasing things, and this was true particularly toward the back end of the year, we were seeing penetration levels on some of our volume trucks picking up significantly," Carolin says. "We ended the year with Frontier (doubling) the market share of the prior year (in December). And we were doing that without paying incentives at the prevailing average in the segment."
- Zhengzhou Nissan Releases Ruiqi 2018 Model 2018-03-28
- Ghandhara Pakistan Stopped Making Nissan UD Trucks 2017-12-21
- Nissan Titan Heads to China 2017-11-27
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Make China's Trucks And Vans Go Electric 2017-08-01
- Renault-Nissan Alliance To Electrify China's Trucks And Vans 2017-07-12
- Zhengzhou Nissan Rolls Out Its 1 Millionth Vehicle 2017-05-12
- Explore New Dogfennel Pickups with X-jason 2014-07-09
- Nissan, FedEx to Test Electric Cargo Vehicle Nissan e-NV200 in US 2014-01-27
- Volvo and Renault to Equip Nissan Diesel Engines 2013-06-28
- Nissan Cooperates with DFAC in Manufacturing Trucks in Spain 2013-05-28
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY