SAIC-GM-Wuling minivans set to enter India market
(chinatrucks.com, Feb.23, 2010)SAIC Motor, General Motors and Liuzhou Wuling, which formed SAIC-GM-Wuling (SGMW) venture, have been discussing which vehicle models to be promoted in India after SAIC became a major shareholder of GM's Indian unit, and media guess is that SGMW minivans may roll into India first, SinoCast reported recently.
Ding Lei, general manager of Shanghai GM, denied that Buick Excelle would be exported to India when asked about SAIC's plan for the Indian market. At the launch of its new Wuling SunShine, a top executive of SGMW revealed that Wuling's minivans would possibly be first exported to India.
SAIC Chairman Hu Maoyuan previously disclosed that the company would launch competitive low-price car models in India, like new Sail and Wuling's minivans. It should be very profitable for SGMW to export Spark to India, as the model is sold by GM in the global markets.
SGMW, as GM's mini-commercial vehicle venture in China, last year became the first automaker in China to sell over 1 million vehicles in a year, up 63.9% to 1,061,213 units, including 596,630 units of the Wuling Sunshine. The venture sold 119,969 vehicles in January 2010, up 59.6% year on year.
As SGMW contributes more to the GM's China sales, the U.S. giant plans to acquire a 10% more stake in the joint venture from Liuzhou Wuling. GM and SAIC are taking the hot-selling Wuling minivans into their global strategies.
While Shanghai GM provides a rich range of sedan models in the Chinese market, SGMW, which is strong in the minivan sector, will look for more opportunities in the burgeoning markets like India.
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Sells 410,000 Vehicles in China in Q1 2013-04-22
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Sells 262,012 Vehicles in China in February 2013-03-11
- SAIC-GM-Wuling Fulfills 2012 Sales Target Ahead of Schedule 2012-12-31
- GM to form China venture, invest $293 million 2009-09-01
- GM to export Wuling mini-vans under Chevy brand 2009-08-14
- Minivans drive up auto sales growth 2010-02-08
- Minivans could be launched in India by GM's China partner 2009-10-23
- Chery Auto mulls building light truck, minivan plant in Henan 2009-09-03
- Anhui Jianghuai eyes new Yuan 590m minivan plant 2009-07-30
- Truck-maker Shaanxi Auto breaks ground on new minivan plant 2009-07-03
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021