LNG-Powered MACK? Pinnacle? Model Showcased at ACT Expo
www.chinatrucks.com: Mack Trucks showcased its liquefied natural gas (LNG) powered MACK® Pinnacle™ model to the transportation community today during the Alternative Clean Transportation (ACT) Expo.
The on-highway tractor displayed at the show was built for UPS (NYSE: UPS), a global leader in logistics that offers a broad range of solutions for the transportation of packages and freight. UPS put the vehicle into test service in Greensboro, N.C., and the truck has been running two 350-400 mile shifts per day, hauling loads of up to 80,000 pounds with both single and double trailers. UPS has since placed an order for 122 additional units scheduled to be delivered throughout the fourth quarter of 2013.
The Mack natural gas Pinnacle model is equipped with a Cummins Westport ISX12 G engine and offers maintenance-free after treatment meeting both EPA 2010 and CARB emissions standards. Four hundred horsepower and 1,450 lb.-ft of torque offer the perfect balance of power for LTL and regional haul applications, as well as fuel savings for customers. LNG currently costs 30-40 percent less than diesel based on a diesel gallon equivalent, enabling customers to receive a significant return on investment.
“Because ACT Expo is North America’s largest alternative fuel and clean vehicle technology show, we felt it was an important venue to demonstrate the purposeful design that makes our Mack Pinnacle a leading natural gas-powered highway truck in the market,” said Roy Horton, Mack powertrain product marketing manager. “We have a long-standing relationship with UPS on the diesel side, and we take great pride in the fact that they’ve turned to us for natural gas vehicles as well.”
Mack has been a leader in natural gas technology development for more than two decades and has been offering natural gas-powered MACK TerraPro™ models since 2009. Mack plans to introduce a natural gas-powered version of the MACK Granite® model as well.
A MACK® Pinnacle™ Axle Back model, powered by liquefied natural gas and built for UPS, is being showcased at the ACT Expo in Washington, D.C.
About Mack Trucks , Inc.
Dedicated to quality, reliability, and total customer satisfaction, Mack Trucks, Inc. has provided its customers with innovative transportation solutions for more than a century. Today, Mack is one of North America’s largest producers of heavy-duty trucks and MACK® trucks are sold and serviced through an extensive distribution network in more than 45 countries. Mack trucks and diesel engines sold in North America are assembled in the United States. Mack manufacturing locations are certified to the internationally recognized ISO 9001 standard for quality and ISO 14001 standard for environmental management systems. Mack is also a proud sponsor of Share the Road, an American Trucking Associations' public information campaign aimed at enhancing the safety of our nation’s roadways.
Mack Trucks, Inc. is part of the Volvo Group, one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines. The Group also provides complete solutions for financing and service. The Volvo Group, which employs about 115,000 people, has production facilities in 19 countries and sells its products in more than 190 markets. In 2012, the Volvo Group’s sales amounted to $45 billion. The Volvo Group is a publicly-held company headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden. Volvo shares are listed on OMX Nordic Exchange Stockholm and are traded OTC in the U.S.
- Mack to Unveil New Highway Tractor in September 2017-07-19
- Mack Bulldog celebrating 80 years 2012-10-12
- Mack gets boost from US military order 2012-08-22
- Mack introduces suite of 'driver-focused' enhancements for Pinnacle series 2012-08-13
- Mack Titan takes centre stage at SteelStacks area of Bethlehem 2012-06-20
- Mack to introduce natural gas versions of two trucks in 2013 2012-06-12
- Mack hosts driving skills challenge at Waste Expo 2012-05-07
- Mack Trucks now offering MVASIST at no charge to customers purchasing new trucks 2012-02-17
- Volvo, Mack name new heads of sales, marketing for commercial biz 2011-12-20
- Mack to be featured on Travel Channel series Made in America 2011-11-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY