DFL: More Efforts on Light Vehicles
www.chinatrucks.com: After Dongfeng Motor Company Limited (DFL) fails to get the sales champion in light truck market for years, president of DFL Kimiyasu Nakamura is setting out to make a turn in this sector.
Currently, DFL’s divisions are facing quite different results—HD truck sector has been leading ahead, but the light commercial vehicle of DFAC is declining.
Dongfeng Motor’s fiscal report shows that in 2012, the business revenue is 17.7 billion yuan, declining by 17.26% year on year; the net profit belonged to corporate shareholders is 21.7342 million yuan, dropping by 94.82%. In the first half of 2013, the net profit is estimated to decline by more than 50%.
Dongfeng Duolika cargo truck
At the same time, under the pressure of JAC, Jinbei and other competitors, Dongfeng’s position in the market is not stable. According to China Automotive Information Net, in Apr., May, and Jun., Dongfeng light truck ranks No. 3, No.4 and No.2 respectively. Many years ago, however, Dongfeng has been in the second place.
Kimiyasu Nakamura clearly knows that only a balanced development of different divisions can make the company remain stable. DFL is planning to increase the sales volume to 2.3 million units with market share rising to 10% from 7.07% in the coming two years.
In Jan. 2013, DFL announced to strip MD and HD truck business. Hence, DFL has two business divisions: passenger vehicles of Dongfeng Nissan and light commercial vehicle of DFAC. However, Kimiyasu Nakamura is clearly not satisfied with the sales performance of the two divisions. In his opinion, the key to a balanced development is whether passenger vehicles in top three and light commercial vehicle in top two. The reason for this is the passenger vehicle has come to a normal track of development but the light commercial vehicle needs more support.
“As the sales performance of light commercial vehicle is not as expected, I will put more efforts on this part,” said by Kimiyasu Nakamura, “we will send professional experts from Nissan and introduce advanced management methods and tools.”
- DFLZ H7 Promotes China Logistics Tour Exhibition for Chemicals 2015-09-29
- DFLM Grows Against the Market with Growth Rate Ranking Top in First Three Quarters 2013-11-01
- Dongfeng Balong M7C HD Truck Rolls out in Yuxi 2013-10-14
- Dongfeng Liuzhou Motor Will Get Approval of Passenger Car Manufacturing 2013-08-23
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February 2022-04-13
- SAIC MAXUS' Overseas Sales Jumped by 129% YOY to 6940 Units in March 2022-04-12
- FOTON Pakistan Delivered 3 Express Logistics Vehicle to DHL 2022-04-12
- CP FOTON’s Dealer Summit & AUMARK FLEX Launch Ceremony Held in Thailand 2022-04-12
- 328 Units!China’s First Largest Automatic Heavy Truck Export Order to Colombia 2022-04-08
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles 2022-04-07
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021