Daimler Trucks Asia Invests 300 Million Euro in Future Sales Growth
www.chinatrucks.com: The Japanese Daimler subsidiary, Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation is presenting itself at this year’s Tokyo Motor Show under the motto “Building Together”. True to this motto, the two commercial vehicle subsidiaries MFTBC and DICV are bundling their Asian business under the umbrella of Daimler Trucks Asia with a view to generating further sales growth in Asia and Africa. To this end, Daimler Trucks Asia will invest 300 million euro in the international sales and production structures on schedule in the period from 2014 to 2018. By the year 2020, around 290,000 units of the FUSO and BharatBenz brand are to be sold worldwide.
Dr Albert Kirchmann, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia and MFTBC President & CEO, said on the occasion of the Tokyo Motor Show: “With the investments, we areexpanding our existing sales and production network in order to take advantage of future sales potential in Asia and Africa.” Dr. Kirchmann added: “Thus, we are investing in the future of a strong team from two cultures. I am proud of the team from Japan and India, which is working together hard in order to bring the right products for the future markets on the road.”
The starting shot for the production of new FUSO truck models was sounded at Daimler India Commercial Vehicles in May of this year. Until 2014, these vehicles will be rolled out successively in 15 selected export markets – Bangladesh, Brunei, Indonesia, Kenya, Malawi, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Zambia, the Seychelles, Zimbabwe, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, Thailand and Uganda. The market launch in further export countries is being examined.
The markets of Southeast Asia have a significant market potential for the long term. According to external forecasts, annual truck sales for the entire region of Southeast Asia are expected to grow by about 20 to 30 percent until 2020. In the same period, the truck market on the African continent promises to grow by five to ten percent per year.
Trade fair debut of new FUSO “FI” truck from DICV production
Currently, the new medium-duty FUSO “FI” truck is celebrating its trade fair debut before an international audience at the 43rd Motor Show in Japan. The vehicle, which is one of a total of five FUSO truck models from the production of Daimler India Commercial Vehicles, is tailored to customers in the growth markets.
Further FUSO product highlights at the Tokyo Motor Show
The trade fair debut of the new “FI” was reinforced by additional highlights from FUSO’s product range, which included four concept studies: the FUSO Canter Eco Hybrid “Canna” developed by and for women, the luxury coach FUSO Aero Queen “Premium Cruiser”, the repairs vehicle FUSO Canter Eco Hybrid “Moving Pit” and the heavy-duty truck FUSO Super Great “Fuel Efficient Truck”. In addition, the chrome-plated special model “Black Chrome” of the medium-duty dump truck FUSO Fighter was also showcased at the Motor Show.
The first generation of the FUSO Canter truck came on the market in the year 1963. Fifty years and eight generations later, in March of this year, the light-duty truck celebrated its golden anniversary and sales of more than 3.7 million units worldwide. For the occasion of the anniversary year, a restored second generation “T90” model from the year 1970 was exhibited at the Tokyo Motor Show.
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021 2022-03-25
- Daimler Truck Sales See 20% Increase in 2021 2022-01-24
- Volvo, Daimler And Traton Agree On JV Charging Network for Europe 2021-12-27
- Three ConMet Plants Receive 2020 Masters of Quality Supplier Award from DTNA 2021-11-17
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021