FUSO Canter Eco Hybrid takes the “European Transport Sustainability Prize 2014”
www.chinatrucks.com: Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC), one of Asia’s leading commercial vehicle manufacturers, today announced that its Canter Eco Hybrid light-duty truck has been awarded the “European Transport Sustainability Prize 2014.” The prize is awarded every other year by Huss-Verlag, publishers of “Transport” – a specialist magazine for goods transportation – for exceptional contributions to sustainability in the field of commercial vehicles.
A specialist jury consisting of seven representatives from the fields of economy, science and the media, evaluated the contenders for the awards in 15 categories, in terms of economy, ecology and social responsibility.
In the category “Distribution Trucks under 12 tons,” the Canter Eco Hybrid was the winner, with a clear advantage over its competitors. The lightweight truck’s innovative hybrid concept has been in production at MFTBC’s production facility located in Tramagal, Portugal, since the third quarter of 2012. This makes the Canter Eco Hybrid the first series-produced truck of its class made in Europe.
The basis of its top-level economy is its further-developed highly efficient drive system technology. It is based on a parallel-type hybrid architecture with an additional electric motor between clutch and transmission, developed by Daimler Trucks in its Global Hybrid Center in Japan. Energy for the electric motor is provided by lithium-ion batteries. Every time the brakes are applied, the batteries are replenished through recuperation, i.e. the conversion of kinetic energy into electric current.
“We are extremely pleased to have received the European Transport Sustainability Prize. This award strengthens my own conviction, and that of my marketing team, that economical, innovative hybrid concepts are becoming increasingly widespread, and meeting with ever-growing acceptance on our continent, too. It thus comes as no surprise that there are already about 2,000 units of the Canter Hybrid in the hands of customers all around the world”, said Pius Dettling, Head of Fuso Sales & Marketing Europe, at the awards ceremony in Munich.
- Mitsubishi Fuso to Begin Series Production of Fuel-cell Trucks by Late 2020s 2020-03-30
- Daimler Trucks Asia Invests 300 Million Euro in Future Sales Growth 2013-11-27
- Mitsubishi Fuso Canter off-road light trucks to sell in Europe 2012-02-28
- Mitsubishi Fuso light commercial vehicles to enter China markets 2011-12-07
- Mitsubishi Releases L200 Facelift Pickup 2011-05-17
- Mitsubishi-Chrysler deal to end for Raider pickup 2009-02-24
- Japan's Mitsubishi Motors to axe 1,100 jobs 2009-01-28
- Mitsubishi Motors to Revise Annual Earnings Forecast 2008-12-29
- Mitsubishi Motors Reports November Sales 2008-12-04
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021