Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry
www.chinatrucks.com: Why travel more than 1,000 kilometres by road to ship trucks to North Africa when the closest port is only 150 kilometres away? Scania’s truck assembly centre in Angers, France, has recently rerouted its shipments from Barcelona to the nearby port of Saint-Nazaire.
By piggybacking on ferry shipments for Airbus 380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft, Scania saves valuable time, money and, not least, reduces its carbon footprint.
Each fortnight, newly manufactured Scania trucks will board the Milk Run Med ferry bound for the ports of Tangier and La Goulette (Tunis) with vehicles for Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian customers. “This new logistics framework is part of Scania’s strategy to promote sustainable transport,” says Philippe Sicard, Head of External Logistics at Scania Production Angers.
The Milk Run Med line is operated by French-Norwegian LD Seaplane on behalf of the Airbus Group to ferry aircraft components produced in the Mediterranean region.
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021 2022-03-21
- Scania to Start Making Trucks in China After Acquiring Nantong Gaokai 2020-11-25
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- FULONGMA, Scania Launch 3rd-generation Compression Garbage Truck in Hong Kong 2020-04-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019 2020-03-25
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19 2020-03-20
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021