Scania Hitches Ride on Airbus Ferry
www.chinatrucks.com: Why travel more than 1,000 kilometres by road to ship trucks to North Africa when the closest port is only 150 kilometres away? Scania’s truck assembly centre in Angers, France, has recently rerouted its shipments from Barcelona to the nearby port of Saint-Nazaire.
By piggybacking on ferry shipments for Airbus 380, the world’s largest passenger aircraft, Scania saves valuable time, money and, not least, reduces its carbon footprint.
Each fortnight, newly manufactured Scania trucks will board the Milk Run Med ferry bound for the ports of Tangier and La Goulette (Tunis) with vehicles for Algerian, Moroccan and Tunisian customers. “This new logistics framework is part of Scania’s strategy to promote sustainable transport,” says Philippe Sicard, Head of External Logistics at Scania Production Angers.
The Milk Run Med line is operated by French-Norwegian LD Seaplane on behalf of the Airbus Group to ferry aircraft components produced in the Mediterranean region.
- Scania to Start Making Trucks in China After Acquiring Nantong Gaokai 2020-11-25
- Scania’s Production Worldwide Completes Fossil-free Transition 2020-09-01
- Scania to Deliver 75 Battery Electric Trucks to ASKO in Norway 2020-05-27
- FULONGMA, Scania Launch 3rd-generation Compression Garbage Truck in Hong Kong 2020-04-10
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2019 2020-03-25
- Scania Suspends Truck Production in Europe Over COVID-19 2020-03-20
- Scania Dedicated to Help Chinese Users Succeed in a Challenging Market 2020-01-15
- Scania Delivers Its 7000th Trucks in Hongkong 2019-11-22
- Scania Jining Repair Factory Starts Operation 2019-09-12
- Scania Expands Its Presence to Northeast China 2019-04-01
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April