Daimler India Ships the 10,000th Export Truck
www.chinatrucks.com: Chennai, May 31 (UNI) Daimler India Commercial Vehicles (DICV) today celebrated an important milestone when it shipped the 10,000th export truck.
Less than four years after the kick-off, the 10,000th exports vehicle rolled onto the ship at Kamarajar Port at Ennore near Chennai.
The milestone vehicle, a Mercedes-Benz 40-ton heavy- duty tractor for a customer in Indonesia, was part of a batch of about 250 trucks on the way to various markets in South-East Asia.
Speaking on the occasion, Mr Marc Llistosella, Head of Daimler Trucks Asia said “10,000 trucks exported are only a start. We are leveraging additional potentials in growth markets with reliable, efficient high-quality trucks built at our Indian manufacturing plant.'
'There will be continuous significant growth in this business for our FUSO and Mercedes-Benz brands', he added.
DICV’s export product range, manufactured on the same production lines as its domestic BharatBenz portfolio according to global Daimler standards, features medium-duty (9-16 tonnes) and heavy-duty (16-49 tonnes) trucks.
Developed and rigorously tested to meet the diverse requirements of the target markets in Asia, the Middle East, Africa, and Latin America, they were opening additional growth opportunities for Daimler Trucks.
Mr Erich Nesselhauf, Managing Director and CEO, Daimler India Commercial Vehicles said “Our exports business has been developing extremely well. Since the launch in 2013, we have doubled our figures each year and we aim for further significant growth as we will expand to serve more than 40 markets on three continents by the end of the year.”
Beyond completely built trucks, DICV has already exported more than 1,000 bus chassis produced at its bus plant and is ramping up volumes of its Mercedes-Benz school bus which has been launched in the Middle East.
The company has also been supplying FUSO truck CKD kits to Kenya for local assembly by a FUSO partner in Kenya since March 2016 and to Daimler Truck’s production plant in East London/South Africa, where local assembly just begun this month.
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021 2022-03-25
- Daimler Truck Sales See 20% Increase in 2021 2022-01-24
- Volvo, Daimler And Traton Agree On JV Charging Network for Europe 2021-12-27
- Three ConMet Plants Receive 2020 Masters of Quality Supplier Award from DTNA 2021-11-17
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021