Mack to Unveil New Highway Tractor in September
www.chinatrucks.com: Mack Trucks is unleashing a new highway tractor later this year.
The heavy-duty truck manufacturer on Thursday announced it will unveil its “next-generation highway model” on Sept. 13. In the meantime, Mack has launched an online campaign featuring photos, behind-the-scenes videos and other exclusive material leading up to the launch.
“We have a long and storied history of building trucks that our customers can depend on, and I can tell you that this new model proudly carries on that tradition,” John Walsh, Mack’s vice president of global brand management and marketing, said in a news release. “We’ve only just started to flow information about the new offer into the market, but the response has already been tremendous, and we look forward to continuing to unveil more in the weeks leading up to the launch on Sept. 13.”
After the launch, Mack’s workforce in the Lehigh Valley will get to put the new highway truck together.
The company’s 1-million-square-foot facility in Lower Macungie Township is where all Mack trucks for the North American market and export are assembled. The company’s Lehigh Valley Operations, as they’ve been dubbed, employ about 1,800 people, spokesman Christopher Heffner said.
Due to increased demand in the heavy-duty truck market, Mack has been hiring lately. Heffner said the Lower Macungie plant, which is being updated via an $84 million investment to make the facility more modern, integrated and efficient, is building trucks at a “rate in line with market demand.” But, he added, the facility is still hiring.
Heavy-duty tractor production estimates have increased steadily over the past several months, Stifel analysts wrote in a report last month, as small and mid-sized buyers have returned to the market and inventories have nearly right-sized.
While Mack and its parent company, Sweden’s Volvo Group, received a surge in orders in the first quarter, Stifel analysts wrote in the report that Volvo’s market share has fallen steadily in North America due to “dated designs.” Stifel did not break out Mack’s share from Volvo’s.
If the design was dated, it shouldn’t be much longer. Volvo Trucks unveiled its new Volvo VNL series earlier this week, and Mack said its new highway tractor will feature a functional design that maintains the company’s strong, authentic and reliable reputation.
“If you were to take the bulldog off the hood and you were to take the Mack nameplate off the grill, you would still look at that and, if you knew anything about trucks, you would be like, ‘That’s a Mack truck,’” Jonathan Randall, senior vice president of sales for Mack Trucks North America, says in the video on the highway truck’s launch site.
In addition to the new highway model, Mack will also bring an all-new interior to its construction-focused Granite models.
- LNG-Powered MACK? Pinnacle? Model Showcased at ACT Expo 2013-08-12
- Mack Bulldog celebrating 80 years 2012-10-12
- Mack gets boost from US military order 2012-08-22
- Mack introduces suite of 'driver-focused' enhancements for Pinnacle series 2012-08-13
- Mack Titan takes centre stage at SteelStacks area of Bethlehem 2012-06-20
- Mack to introduce natural gas versions of two trucks in 2013 2012-06-12
- Mack hosts driving skills challenge at Waste Expo 2012-05-07
- Mack Trucks now offering MVASIST at no charge to customers purchasing new trucks 2012-02-17
- Volvo, Mack name new heads of sales, marketing for commercial biz 2011-12-20
- Mack to be featured on Travel Channel series Made in America 2011-11-11
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY