Cummins to Invest Rs 1,500 Crore in India R&D
www.chinatrucks.com:Engine manufacturer Cummins will invest Rs1,500 crore to boost its research and development activity in India where the company employs about 10,000 people.
“We are investing about Rs1,500 crore in India by launching a new R&D facility in Pune. With the addition of the new facility, we’ll have about 2,500 engineers. Currently, we have 1,500 engineers working in our R&D facility in India,” Srikanth Padmanabhan, President, Cummins Engine Business, told BusinessLine.
Padmanabhan said that while the centre is working on creating engines suited for Bharat Stage IV and Bharat Stage VI emission norms, the India R&D centre is also increasingly acting as a base to create products for the world.
“I think we are starting to create our off-highway products from here. Over time, this place (India) will become the centre of excellence or core for certain range of products and technologies,” he said.
Cummins, which wants to be known as a technology company, trying to drift away from popularly known to be a diesel engine manufacturer, is harping on India’s tech talent to create connected car platforms, which require analysing data and creating insights from it.
“As we tend to think about big data and analytics, because of the capabilities of the Indian software industry and the people that are here, the work that we do on analytics will continue to increase where we will combine our product, our connected features that generates a lot of data and then to see how do we analyse the data for meaningful insights,” Padmanabhan said.
Cummins has 21 manufacturing facilities in India, employing over 10,000 people with revenues of Rs. 10,880 crore in 2016.
- FOTON Cummins Helps AUMAN Heavy-duty Trucks to Explore Overseas Market Further 2022-04-18
- Cummins Starts Technical Certification Program for FOTON Mexico 2022-04-15
- Cummins Set to Acquire Meritor for $3.7 Billion 2022-02-24
- Cummins's New Low-carbon Fuel-agnostic Engine Platform Strategy 2022-02-18
- Cummins Announced It Plans to Acquire Jacobs Vehicle Systems 2022-02-14
- Werner and Cummins Partner to Integrate 15L Natural Gas And Hydrogen Engines 2022-02-09
- Cummins Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year 2021 Results 2022-02-07
- Cummins, Sinopec Launch Joint Venture to Produce Green Hydrogen Technologies 2022-01-10
- Dongfeng Cummins Kicks Off Groundbreaking for Heavy-duty Engine Production Line 2021-11-17
- Cummins Joins BETTER CLIMATE CHALLENGE to Help Reach Key GHG Goal 2021-11-16
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Stopped the Production of Fuel Vehicles
- Geely Began Test Runs of Green E-methanol Vehicles in Danmark
- 2022 SANY Global Dealer Summit Was Held Successfully Online
- BYD and Shell Partner on EV Charging across China and Europe
- Daimler Truck Significantly Increase Sales, Revenue and Net Profit in 2021
- Scania Year-end Report January-December 2021
- Hyundai Motor and Iveco Group Sign MOU to Explore Future Collaboration
- GAUSSIN Enters China, the Largest Truck Market in the World
- Over 1,200 Hydrogen-powered Vehicles Deployed for the Beijing Winter Olympics
- Chinese New Year Holiday Closure Notice
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- China's Truck Exports Grew by 30% YOY to 63490 Units in January-February
- China's New Energy Heavy Trucks Grew Despite an Overall Slump
- Heavy-duty Truck sales in China Fell by 54% to 54,000 units in February
- SINOTRUK Achieves Sales of 27,725 Vehicles in January, 2022
- China’s Domestic Tractor Sales Exceed 40,000 Units in January
- 2021 JAC International Pickup Export Performance
- JAC Achieved a Great Result in 2021
- China's Truck Export in 2021 Reached a 10-year Peak
- Heavy-duty Truck Sales in China Fall 57 Percent on Year in January
- China Recorded Sales of 645000 Tractors in 2021