Daimler Brings Two New Cabover Tractors to Mexican Market
In response to the Mexican trucking industry’s interest in bringing cabover-engine tractor options to its market, Daimler Trucks North American on Tuesday introduced two new Freightliner cabover models designed specifically for Mexico.
The two new tractors, a Class 8 unit dubbed the 2528 and a Class 6 unit numbered 1217, join Daimler’s Freightliner 360 portfolio for the Mexican market. Daimler says the addition of the two new models steers it towards its goal to “conquer the Mexican market” by targeting the country’s cabover demand. DTNA unveiled the tractors at the 2017 Expo Transporte ANPACT show taking place in Guadalajara, Mexico, this week.
“In response to the characteristics and needs of the Mexican transport industry, it is now possible for us to bring to this market the new generation of 360 trucks that constitutes an innovative family of products to meet the most specific needs of our customers’ business,” says Flavio Rivera, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks Mexico.
Daimler Truck North America cabover
DTNA says it hopes to capture the emerging cabover market in Mexico with its two new tractor offerings.
Both vehicles offer strong maneuverability, a reinforced steel cabin, spacious interiors, high corrosion resistance, a proprietary powertrain, an ergonomic design and a versatile chassis that allows for many different configurations, the company says. The cabovers are also the first Freightliner vehicles with Euro V SCR engines to be brought to market in Mexico — a country where making inroads with vehicles equipped with modern emissions-reduction technology has been a challenge for truck makers.
The Class 8 360 2528 is equipped with a Mercedes-Benz engine with 280 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G131 manual transmission. An extended cab is available. The 2528 can haul 17 tons and has rear and frontal stabilization bars, an ergonomic dashboard, an engine and exhaust braking system, optional sleeper cab configuration and a fuel efficiency diagnostic system.
The Class 6 360 1217 comes with a Mitsubishi engine with 170 horsepower and a Mercedes-Benz G85 transmission with 7 gears. It offers eight tons of payload, an adjustable telescopic steering wheel, electric windows and locks, air conditioning, standard fog lamps for better visibility and will be available with three different axle distances.
“We hope to help transform this country’s commercial vehicle industry in the areas of safety, driver-centric design, and reliability,” said Roger Nielsen, President and CEO of Daimler Trucks North America. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- Daimler Truck AG and Cummins Inc.Announce Global Plan for Medium-duty CV Engines 2021-02-24
- Daimler Plans Separation into Two Pure-play Companies 2021-02-04
- Daimler to Revamp China Plant to Make Mercedes-Benz-branded Actros Truck 2020-11-18
- Daimler and Volvo Sign Binding Agreement to Form a Fuel-cell Joint Venture 2020-11-03
- Mercedes-Benz Access to New Target markets with Actros F and Edition 2 2020-09-29
- Daimler Unveils GenH2 Hydrogen Fuel-cell Concept Truck 2020-09-23
- Daimler Presents ‘GenH2' Mercedes-Benz Fuel-Cell Concept Truck 2020-09-18
- Volvo, Daimler to Form a Joint Venture for Large-scale Production of Fuel Cells 2020-04-24
- Daimler Trucks' Next EV will be a Garbage Truck 2020-02-04
- Daimler Brings its Latest Products on Display at CIIE 2019-11-08
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
- XCMG Makes Global Top Three on KHL’s Yellow Table 2021 for the First Time
- Volvo Trucks and DFDS Cooperate to Run Electric Supply Chain Transports
- Foreign Envoys Come to Shaanqi for a Visit
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Showcase Latest Products And Technologies
- Auto Shanghai 2021 to Open Its Doors
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY
- UP!UP!UP!JAC Group’s Export Makes a Sharp Growth of 125% YOY in H1
- China’s Sales Volume of New Energy Heavy-duty Truck Reached 378 Units in May
- SHACMAN Sold 31,400 Units Heavy-duty Self-dumping Trucks in China in May
- Jiefang’s Sales Volume Reached 298,826 Units from January to May
- GWM’s Sales Volume in Australia and New Zealand Ranks Top Ten, Hitting a New H
- China’s Sales Volume of Heavy-duty Trucks Reached 193,000 Units in April
- China Sold 233,000 Units Light Trucks in April