Tata Motors Hopes to Regain Over 55% Market Share in M&HCV Segment
The country’s top commercial vehicles manufacturer hopes to regain its market share of more than 55 per cent in the medium and heavy commercial truck segment.
The company’s market share in the segment stayed in the range of 55-60 per cent till 2015-16. But it started losing share to competition in a couple of years.
But post-GST, the segment has maintained a growth of about 32 per cent at 1.22 lakh units during the July-November 2017 period.
During the growth period, Tata Motors’ medium and heavy truck volumes have grown by about 34 per cent to 64,649 units taking its market share to over 52 per cent from 51 per cent as of March 31, 2017. “We continue to be the market leader in the M&HCV segment with over 50 per cent market share. Also, our share in the tractor-trailer segment has grown to over 65 per cent,” Girish Wagh, Head Commercial Vehicles Business Unit, told BusinessLine.
With a strong demand from the road construction and mining sectors, Tata Motors has also done well in the tipper segment with about 50 per cent market share, he said. Wagh said the company is investing ₹1,500 crore in new product development, and tooling and towards sustenance in manufacturing plants across CV segments. Also, product portfolio is being revamped catering to the value, performance and premium truck buyers.
“With a well-defined turnaround strategy, we are confident of not only regaining market share but strengthening our leadership position,” said Wagh.
While it has rolled out new heavy trucks in 37/49 tonne and introduced India’s heavy-duty tipper range with Ultimaax suspension for maximising mobility, Tata Motors has a robust new product pipeline across categories. Icra Group Vice-President Subrata Ray said that apart from pent-up demand post GST, the growth has been driven by demand for tractor trailers because of swifter compliance with regulations and overloading norms in some select States. (www.chinatrucks.com)
- WABCO Signs First Deal to Export Power Steering Syetem to India Tata Motors 2018-07-16
- Tata and Ashok Leyland Among Top Competitors in Africa’s CV Market 2017-08-02
- Tata, Hyundai to Boost Sales of CV in Indonesia 2017-06-12
- CHTGC Cooperated With Tata Daewoo 2013-05-14
- Tata Motors sales up 58% 2010-03-02
- Tata Faces 'Heat' From Daimler, Volvo as India Paves Its Roads 2010-02-10
- Tata Motors, M&M, Reva eye electric compact truck segment 2010-02-08
- Fiat Buys Zastava in Serbia 2010-01-06
- Tata eyes exports to Asean: Thai autos to ship to Malaysia, Indonesia 2009-11-26
- Assembly of Chinese Automobiles Might Resume in the Sverdlovsk Oblast 2009-07-13
Submit Your Requirements, We Are Always At Your Service.
- BYD Introduces Next Generation Electric Trucks at ACT Expo
- FULONGMA Ranked in Top 50 Environmental Enterprises in China
- Volvo Trucks Acquires Heavy-duty Truck Manufacturing Operation in China
- SANY Opens a New Branch in Scotland
- Daimler and Cummins Signed GFA for Cooperation in Medium-duty Engines
- FAW Jiefang Rolls Off Its 8 Millionth Vehicle
- A New Truck for a New Era: Mercedes-Benz eActros Celebrates Its World Premiere
- ZOOMLION Looks to Expand the EU Market with Its New Factory Inaugurated
- CIMC Teams up with Shaanxi Automobile to Make a Flagship High-end SPV
- JAC Exhibited In Kazakhstan Auto Show
C&C Trucks Co., Ltd.
C&C Trucks Co , Ltd (C&C Trucks), located in Sanshan Economic Development Zone, Wuhu, Anhui Province, a holding company under China International Marine Containers (Group) Co , Ltd (CIMC), is a large heavy truck enterprise integrating the research and development, production
- Weichai Power 2021 Interim Performance in A Glimpse
- SHACMAN Tops the List of the Dumper Sales in July
- Top Ten Tractor Manufacturing Companies in China in July
- Light Truck Sales in the First Seven Months Reached 1300,000 Units
- GWM Sold 91,555 Vehicles Worldwide in July, up 16.9% Year-on-Year
- China Sold 1.044 Million Units Heavy-duty Trucks from January to June
- Geely Yuan Cheng Reports 626% Rise in H1, 2021
- Foton January to June Sales Volume 411,962 Units,YOY 28.67 %
- China Truck Export Jumped by 133% from January to May
- Foton Overseas Sales Volume Breaks 30,000 Units in H1, Up 67.7% YOY